'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I spy a Cadillac/Oldsmobile batwing air cleaner in one of the piles. I bet there are some cool gems in that yard!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The compound of the tires makes a huge difference. Sticky tires will grip and pop much more than a harder compound.
Its very possible it has to do with the tires. On my Sidekick, I originally had some generic 215 70 15s on it and they would squeal when pulling into parking spaces. Now it has 275 60 15 Firestone Firehawks on the back and they don't make a sound. The ones on my 2500 are BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2s, but i wouldn't really consider them a sticky tire

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I just realized it's been over a year since I have posted anything here! The truck is still my hauler, currently splitting daily duties with my 89 S10. Nothing really eventful to report, I have been driving it with only half of an exhaust system for a few months (Thanks rust belt) and It has been running a little rougher than usual lately, but I think it is partially the exhaust and either tune up or ignition related. I'll eventually take the time to fix it!
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well, I finally decided to really look and see what was wrong. I originally thought the leak was from the gasket between the two converters that had blown out, but I found this. Would explain the rough idle and intermittent O2 code!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I finally decided to really look and see what was wrong. I originally thought the leak was from the gasket between the two converters that had blown out, but I found this. Would explain the rough idle and intermittent O2 code!
Ahh, you have the northern package with the high flow exhaust!

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from