98' Chevy 3/4 to 1 tn front spring swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am building my 350 to a 383 stroker upgrade for my 98 Chevy 2500. It started losing oil pressure at 249,000 miles. I am building for towing. I am using a Jasper 4L80E transmission for the warranty instead of rebuilding the original. I have installed a 1-7/8 sway bar and Air Ride 5500 lb bags in the rear and HD Bilstein shocks front and rear. I have had 8000 lbs. in the bed and it stays level so the rear is good for usual weight capacity. I want to add 3500 coil springs to the front to help with side to side leaning when I have my 3500# truck camper in the bed. It's a 1969 Amerigo and is high and top heavy. Are the 3500 coils the same size in OD as the 2500's? I know it will ride stiff when unloaded, it's the price we pay for owning a HD truck.
I am new to the sight. I read many post before posting myself and I see great comments. This is a good site for people who know that the older trucks do as good, if not better, than the new over priced trucks of today!

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Older trucks rule! Especially the 400's. If I could fully restore and build my 98 I definitely would as opposed to buying a new truck.