'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I decided to finally replace my door pins/bushings today, and it didn't go well.
You must be registered for see images attach

I got the pins out and the door off onto the door Jack. I turned away and heard the horrifying sound of the door crashing into the ground and the glass breaking.
(The window frame got tweaked).

In a fit of rage, I drove the truck with no door to the junkyard and picked up another one. I proceeded to swap over all the internals (it was a power window door) and slap it on the truck).

At least it doesn't sag anymore.

It's going to be a while before I can paint it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So I decided to finally replace my door pins/bushings today, and it didn't go well.

I got the pins out and the door off onto the door Jack. I turned away and heard the horrifying sound of the door crashing into the ground and the glass breaking.
(The window frame got tweaked).

In a fit of rage, I drove the truck with no door to the junkyard and picked up another one. I proceeded to swap over all the internals (it was a power window door) and slap it on the truck).

At least it doesn't sag anymore.

It's going to be a while before I can paint it.
Sorry to hear that, but at least you could get it fixed! That's one of the cool things about this forum community, we can share our hard luck stories with others who understand!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read through your whole build, cool truck and good for you for doing it all yourself.
However I vote against the stick chrome. I live in a rust free East Texas and I pulled that junk from the bottom of my doors and most of the paint came off and what’s left is bubbling and gross.

Oh and the truck hadn’t been washed in over a week and there was moisture on the paint and the sticky foam stuff was wet through when I was peeling it off.