'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I wouldn't go black with those wheels. It reminds hearse. Sorry to put it this way but that's my opinion. Maroon looks good imo.
Good point! I've seen some funeral homes in greater Houston that have Burbs as hearses. Look kinda weird with the padded vinyl top and the huge chrome Landau irons on them.....

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't go black with those wheels. It reminds hearse. Sorry to put it this way but that's my opinion. Maroon looks good imo. Also original blue is ok. Or deep brown metallic-but that's very 70s. Would look good tho.

Yea, now that I think about it, that would look like a hearse. I just got a quote from Maaco yesterday and they told me $800 without a color change.
You must be registered for see images attach

(The paint on the roof isn't too bad)
They said they'd knock $250 off the price if they didn't paint the roof, so that's probably what I'll do. Since the truck is so tall, painting the roof is a pain in the ass.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I can't afford anything that fancy.

My brother had his BMW painted by them with the same sort of paint and it came out great.
If it's a metallic then it should be base/clear. And looking at your pictures it is-especialle the one in the sun. It's kinda the same color as mine

Last edited:

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It needs a lot before I can take it acrossed country:
-Transfer case seal.
-Tire rod ends.
-Alignment.
-Fuel sender (I'll do the pump while I'm at it).
-A/C recharge.
-Camera mount.
-CB antenna/radio install.
And a lots of other little things.