97Bowtie1106's Crew Cab Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
starting to gather stuff for my double din install. I picked up this from an obs tahoe's overhead console today to put in mine. The plan is to rework the a/c controls to where I can house them in my overhead console and that way my double din will look just like my last one except the controls will be easier to reach.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
That's a cool idea. I have an overhead console I got from a suburban with those controls in them and was also wondering how to do a double din without loosing the little cubby hole where the factory cd player goes.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Here is my old one. Mine will look just like this except tn going to get some SEM paint and match it to give it more of a factory look.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could put a defrost button below the cargo lamp switch

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
starting to gather stuff for my double din install. I picked up this from an obs tahoe's overhead console today to put in mine. The plan is to rework the a/c controls to where I can house them in my overhead console and that way my double din will look just like my last one except the controls will be easier to reach.

^ That is a really cool idea , nothing constructive to say.....jus sayin

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not talking about electric defrost, I meant the vacuum doors and such that redirect the air to your dash vents to defrost your windshield and side windows. If that is controllable by a switch thats cool, maybe you can repurpose the rear control portion of the left knob to do this and it will save you a hole in the dash-and it will look real good.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
ah I got what your talking about. Well the plan is to rip out my controls and start planning/thinking haha. Ill probably pickup another set of controls to practice on so if I mess them up its no biggie