96 k1500 ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roaddog

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m planning on La swapping my 96 GMC k1500 and was wondering what all will I need to swap a 5.3 in to it

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are countless threads out there about swapping any LS into these trucks. You’re going to have to do some research then come back here and ask. No one is going to list out every component and step.

You’re going to get tons of different answers with such a broad question.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As @fancyTBI mentioned, that question is posed here a lot, I bet you 4 times or so in the last week. Hit the search button up top and you will probably find what you are looking for.
And if not, please feel free to ask questions.

I know this sounds like we are being grumpy, but for those of us who have been here a while, seeing the same questions posted constantly gets a little tedious.

It's a great group of people on here, as long as egos are kept checked and willing to take constructive feedback and tempering expectations that all issues can be solved without any sweat equity or $$$ being spent.

Oh....and welcome from Alberta Canada.
Post up some pics of your ride.

Hey guys I’m planning on La swapping my 96 GMC k1500 and was wondering what all will I need to swap a 5.3 in to it

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sit for a few hours and watch these....will give you a LOT of information. Especially with the wiring.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sit for a few hours and watch these....will give you a LOT of information. Especially with the wiring.
I was trying to find that vid for him. Thanks for posting.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 on what @Drunkcanuk has said. I've come off a bit strong (and embarrassed myself) in some of my posts and have been humbled down because of it. That being said, people are helpful and I've become a better person because of it.