96 Mustang gt thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've been making some crazy progress! Good job on the interior and projector retrofit, neither are the simplest of tasks. Where did you pick up the new steering wheel cover?
Also from red line goods when I got the door panel covers

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well got everything done out back today except the brakes. The rotors aren't thick enough to turn again so I have to wait on the next paycheck for new ones.

Anyways cut a little over 3/4 of a coil out back an the car isn't really any lower than it was. So guess I'll go back in tomorrow, ditch all the isos an cut another 1/2 coil an see what that does. Really didn't want to do all that again but theres no point in the camber plates if it isn't lowered any. The springs I cut are convertible ones, wonder if that's the difference?

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on a mustang. They've been my favorite car since I was young - you can make out the tone of a 5.0 from a mile away (I know yours is a 4.6).
Very nice ride.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on a mustang. They've been my favorite car since I was young - you can make out the tone of a 5.0 from a mile away (I know yours is a 4.6).
Very nice ride.
Thanks, I can tell a 4.6 to. They both have a sound all there own...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after a couple more tries I finally got the stance where Im happy with it.

Wound up with 1 1/4 coil cut up front, no isos an pretty much 2 out back, only lower iso. I call it two but the first coil is flat to the second one so it may only technically be one. I think I might put the rear upper iso back in though. They make a little noise occasionally.

Overall the car rides very good imo, much better than it did on the stock 175k mile shocks. For a spirited driven daily it'll do....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well after a couple more tries I finally got the stance where Im happy with it.

Wound up with 1 1/4 coil cut up front, no isos an pretty much 2 out back, only lower iso. I call it two but the first coil is flat to the second one so it may only technically be one. I think I might put the rear upper iso back in though. They make a little noise occasionally.

Overall the car rides very good imo, much better than it did on the stock 175k mile shocks. For a spirited driven daily it'll do....
Looks good for a mustang I suppose