96 Mustang gt thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Did you tint the housings yellow or did they come like that? I'm planning to do 3000k HIDs in my foglights whenever I find a good kit I can trust.
Tinted them. If they aren't yellow enough I'll look for either yellow coated bulbs or hids. The lights were $25 an a 12x12 sheet of the yellow tint was $5.

If you want I have enough left I can cut two pieces and send em to ya.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 99+ fog lights mount completely different than 94-98. At least the set I bought do.

You must be registered for see images attach

Epoxy to the rescue...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long time no update, sorry.

Got my panels back today. I got the leather covers from red line goods and had them installed at a local upholstery shop. Here are some pictures of the door panels somewhat back together. I tried using strong double sided tape to hold but it isn't going to work long term. I didn't want to glue/epoxy them because I doubt you'll ever get them back apart then.

Before picture

Dr side:

Passenger side:

I'm not totally happy with them but it is what it is. I don't think I could have done them as well but I still think they could have been installed better. They told me a few days in the heat should help some, guess we will see. If I had it to do over I think I would let the shop redo them in vinyl. He said that's easier to work with an usually turns out better without the wrinkles.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed pictures:

Did the 460 speaker pods today to, that took a little time there. Guess the panels are different if you have the 460 option stock

So I have also got new rear control arms waiting to go on, New shocks are on order and I also just got some projector to retrofit into the headlights and a hid kit on the way. Suspension thrash scheduled for my next weekend off 4/24-4/28.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update incoming:

From 28 Apr 2015

Well I made some major headway on my interior this weekend off. All that's left now is the steering wheel and maybe carpet. I'd like to do black as I like how it looks with the two tone. Anyways here are the front seats after I pulled them out of the car and took the cheap $20 seat covers off.

Driver:

Passenger:

And after about 2 hrs or so worth of work for each them they are done. The headrest was the worst part.

Here they are in the car:

I also modified a 98 console to take the 96 insert with pull out cupholder (now I have three!) and modified the 96 harness to work with the rear mounted lighter plug. Gave it a good all over interior cleaning while everything was out, ran RCA plugs to the trunk for my sub and then power and ground and installed it. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From 17 Jun 2015

Steering wheel recovered

Also got the projectors in finally. Should have been the first thing I did.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got dark so I got them all lined up. I think this is a must do mod for any 94-04 mustang. The lights just suck so bad in stock form.

High beam

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From 18 Jun 2015

Fuel pump died this morning. :( at least it was only at 1/4 tank and in my driveway. Both the pump and filter looked to be OE....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to date now if anyone here still cares. I skipped over the details of the front seat rebuild. I can post them if anyone is interested.

Well I had to take vacation from work to get some work done around the house. Sad isn't it?

Finally getting some of these parts installed that have been gathering dust in my garage since February.

So far I've done the camber plates, New kyb struts, a new Dr side ball joint (pass was done right before I got the car) cut one coil out of some stock springs I picked up cheap, 99+ dual piston calipers and hoses, fresh turned rotors and new pads.

Starting on the rear tomorrow, have new kyb shocks, summit/sve control arms, MM pinion snubber, new matching brake pads, an cut coils for the back to. I haven't cut them yet but I'll probably do 1/2-3/4 of a coil for the back. I'd like the car to have just a tad bit of rake. We'll see how it looks though...

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Wow, you've been making some crazy progress! Good job on the interior and projector retrofit, neither are the simplest of tasks. Where did you pick up the new steering wheel cover?