96 k1500 sitting for half a decade, need recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saren42

Reaction score
Hopefully the booster itself is not bad, they do commonly fail, but not to bad to replace.
Yeah, I don't think the booster is bad (aside from being ya know... junk from the factory, but if it is actually bad, I'm going to upgrade it to the hydroboost system), since the brakes work well enough to bust all the lines, I am now replacing. But of course the rear bleeders are completely rusted, so I get to deal with that, and locking lugs, that are rounded out inside, so the key won't take em out, so gonna have to destructively remove them, to get to the bleeder well enough to hopefully clean them up enough, so I can actually bleed the rears. Not gonna worry about that though, until I get the front lines done, since the lines coming off the ABS module are rusted through. All the lines are being re-done with NiCu lines, so they don't rust out, with brass fittings. Don't currently live in a place with lots of ice and salt in the winter, but will probably move back to upper midwest.