Diagnosing lean fuel air mixture/mysterious PCV line, '97 5.7 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hickoryballz

Reaction score
Howdy, I am working on this K1500 1997 Suburban that's been sitting in a yard for a couple years. Rats got to the engine and I'm looking to see where this hose should go.
Can't find a good diagram for the life of me.
It's from the housing that the pcv valve connects to. That's where air is being inducted very audibly while running. I'm sure it should connect to the other housing on the opposite side of the throttle body (one with the electrical connector), which has an elbow with no hose.
Can anybody confirm the routing of this line?

Also, I'm working on finding a vacuum leak witch is causing the engine to run way lean under high speeds and at takeoff. Thus I'm hoping that routing this missing line will solve this problem.

Attachments

• 18d4087d-e4e4-4f45-9776-edb92bd5d72b.jpg
    18d4087d-e4e4-4f45-9776-edb92bd5d72b.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 9
  • c6405f6a-6a4a-44a8-ba7f-de6ab7804d9b.jpg
    c6405f6a-6a4a-44a8-ba7f-de6ab7804d9b.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 9

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That missing hose on the PCV goes to a solenoid above the heater hoses. A second (lower) vacuum line runs from the solenoid to the heater hose water valve.

You must be registered for see images attach

When the “Max” detent is selected on the a/c panel, the solenoid energizes and vacuum is applied to close the heater valve to maximize a/c performance.

GM parts diagrams are here:

The GM part number is in the far right column but it’s likely discontinued. Some vacuum line should suffice.

In your second photo on the passenger side, that looks like an evap purge solenoid. My 98 has a different style on it, but I believe that open tube is supposed to be a vent and left that way.

Last edited:

hickoryballz

Reaction score
That missing hose on the PCV goes to a solenoid above the heater hoses. A second (lower) vacuum line runs from the solenoid to the heater hose water valve.

When the “Max” detent is selected on the a/c panel, the solenoid energizes and vacuum is applied to close the heater valve to maximize a/c performance.

GM parts diagrams are here:

The GM part number is in the far right column but it’s likely discontinued. Some vacuum line should suffice.

In your second photo on the passenger side, that looks like an evap purge solenoid. My 98 has a different style on it, but I believe that open tube is supposed to be a vent and left that way.
Hey! Thanks a bunch, I feel silly for not having been able to find this before, but I really appreciate it.