96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
no pics yet, been cold and snowing here. ill get some soon.
yup, sounds just like the video! i got the turbo back exhaust, all straight pipe, no cat.
i heard its called a soot trap too. but when i looked in it, it is definitely a cat! and a soot covered, plugged up one at that! im guessing thats why people call it a soot trap.
i want 271/446 in my truck!!! it needs it with these tires. i did the air box mod while i was doing the exhaust. no difference from what i can tell, but it was all at once so who knows. figure at least its getting a little more air.
been looking at chips. leaning to kennedy because i like the idea of keeping the vacuum wastegate set up. not a fan of the turbo master.

Those numbers took a lot of time and a lot of money. Way more than I ever should have spent on it.

A more realistic target with "bolt ons" is around 200/350 at the wheels.

If you're not towing over 5000 lbs, that's all you really need anyways.

But......it sure lets you squirt this great big truck through traffic pretty easily. I get some pretty funny looks when I lift a front wheel when I accelerate hard.

Had one guy chase me down to a coffee shop parking lot to look and talk about it. He couldn't believe I "only" had an 6.5 diesel in it.

:)

Kennedy does some decent work. He's like every other "6.5 guy" though: strongly opinionated.

Some stuff will be on the money, some will not. Same with Heath. Walt I won't even get into.

A1customs is best just forgotten.....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is all i have found to be close to what i have...
You must be registered for see images attach

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha great white, i dont think its a "6.5 guy" thing to be " strongly opinionated ", i've been a professional diesel mechanic for over 15 years, i find most diesel mechanics are just d**ks in general! haha. i say that with love of course!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Centurion has changed corporate ownership so many times you're lucky to find anything at all...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i'm seeing that. wish i could find something. or at least another truck like mine. i find it hard to believe this is a one off truck.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Kind of cool that your the only truck you ever see... and the only one ive ever seen!looks like you got some cool info though on the fords. Did the bronco ever come in 4 door? Or that was their model, like the crew cab 1500??? kind of neat!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
yea i'm seeing that. wish i could find something. or at least another truck like mine. i find it hard to believe this is a one off truck.

A quick google turned up a couple other reg cab centurions from 93 to 96, albeit not diesels.

You also have to remember most just bought these trucks and drove them and production is low to start with. The Fords (which are far more popular- think Broncburban) were reported to only turn out about 2,000 conversions a year. Very few owners likley go online and post pics of thier trucks. They just use them like trucks.

We've got a little bit of a sickness and the general population views us as "weird".

It just a truck to them.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the bronco was centurion. they stretched and welded it into a 4 door, they even made a 6 door pickup!

great white, what did you google to find them? i have tried every wording i could think of to find any chevy rclb. only see the 4 door chevys when i look them up.
and who wouldn't post pics of their sweet custom truck online? especially a rare one? haha im guessing its a "old man" truck and cost a lot more that a stock one, so people that got them were retired old people that were not into stuff like the internet and cell phones.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
funny part is about 2 months ago, i passed (down the road from me) a 96 f350 with the same paint as me but blue! it was a 4 door dually, but thought it was funny seeing the same conversion in my back yard! have not seen him since.