96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My neighbor has something similar to that. I've only seen his and maybe one other like it!
Good looking out though man definitely interesting!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really? take pics! haha. his a 4 door? i still have yet to find a rclb centurion chevy truck like mine. i just signed up for conversiontrucks.net, i guess they were getting spammed so they had registration closed but i emailed them and they let me in. maybe i can get some info on there!

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really? take pics! haha. his a 4 door? i still have yet to find a rclb centurion chevy truck like mine. i just signed up for conversiontrucks.net, i guess they were getting spammed so they had registration closed but i emailed them and they let me in. maybe i can get some info on there!

Its ec I think not sure! I'll get a pic of it next time he pulls it out! Green and white. Pretty interesting though!

Sent from the Z71

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to ask my dad pretty sure he knows him since they 've been neighbors for literally ever. Im gonna walk round the yard see if he has it out for ya.

Sent from the Z71

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Wow you're really diggin up info for your truck! That's kinda cool that so far yours is the only one! Kinda sucks cause then there is no info on it! this truck is one of the baddest rides on this site!

Sent from underneath my truck

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
okay 6.5 gurus, what changed on the 6.5 between 1997 and 1998?
i know they got two thermostats, and better water pump. and bigger fan/ more blades?
this question comes from my hunt for power ( and centurion info like always),
wikipedia shows the 2500 with 8600 gvw as having 190 hp/ 385 tq in 97, and 195 hp/ 430tq! in 98. thats 5 hp and 45 tq more!
did they just change the ecu program because they could with the better cooling?

The calibration changed in the PCM.

Dual thermostats starting in 96, but not all trucks got them.

By 98, they all had the dual thermostats and the L56 engines all had the RPO K47 Air cleaner box. 9 bladed steel engine driven fan also.

few other small differences not really worth mentioning.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3303988/1993-chevrolet-silverado-1500-regular-cab/

http://cars.smartcarguide.com/listing/45605561/

Most of the Gm "centurion stuff" you're going to find is the vans. They bought up Starcraft and moved into that area once upon a time.

Unfortunately, that was right about the time the minivan was swallowing up the market share for vans. They never stood a chance.

The "cowboy wood' look was also long out of style at that point and no one really wanted to pay a premium for a vehicle that their parents might have driven back in the 60/70's.

Market share kept shrinking until they went into receivership, then they were resurrected in "southern comfort" which turned into "Southern Customs" IIRC.

There were a couple more builders, companies and holding groups in there also but that's in pretty much in a nutshell. Centurion was sometimes the big fish, sometimes the little fish. Depended on who bought who and what name whatever guy wanted to use.

The Ford era was the big "Centurion in the lead" period. They even had their own shop/store when they were doing the Fords. The rest of the time they were pretty much just a name plate.

Last edited:

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys are great. thanks for the help and info. i edited the first post but in the member ride section it still reads the same for this thread, it is different over first post now, but not in the member rides list!
i figured it was a software change after the cooling upgrades.
the centurion stuff is a pain but i'm starting to find more and more. i really like the truck, i never liked wood interior but i am a custom and special edition *****! haha. love to stand out and be diffrent, can't stand cookie cutter cars.
here is a pic of my old pro street chopper to prove that. haha
You must be registered for see images attach

myt hi thanks for the compliment, its a pain but cool to find out more about your truck.
been thinking about a 2-3" body lift next, not going to tow with this truck, never liked body lifts at all, (bad idea and design) but need a little more lift. (don't we all?)