95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding of a drag race power glide (which is not much) is the RPMs only drop like 300-400 rpm on the shift. They basically go down the track slipping the converter for most of it and only lock up at the end if at all.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I've watched some Mountains Garage videos on YT. The guy is very knowledgeable on the TH400 and Power glides. I've only really watched his transmission videos, but I think he's into drag racing?

Anyways, I seem to recall the Glide requires most internal parts to be replaced for it to handle big power, which can get expensive, especially if you swap to a different ratio geartrain. Do you know what ratio yours is?

OTOH, the TH400 doesn't require much. And the few upgrades can come from stock replacement parts from the 4L80e.

He did a video comparing the two units. I'll see if I can find it if you are interested.

Just a thought. Either will work. Is the truck going to be fast enough to require that SFI-certified bell housing? I see those guys running that, but don't know what triggers that requirement or if it's just 'cause it looks cool... I'm just a stock guy, so I don't know a lot of these things.

I believe I've mentioned this before, but don't remember if on your build thread or not. Probably have, and forgot...:rolleyes:

Edit: Here is the video I was thinking about; not really a comparison video as I mentioned above. In the beginning he talks about it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I shouldn't be fast enough to require the SFI housing but not sure, I will look into it.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Are you going to put a trans brake in it?

Probably.
After talking with our transmission guy at work I won't be doing a trans brake. It's not 100% a strictly drag truck. It will be driven on the street too. If it were something that would be a trailer queen then yes.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well I need a new extension housing. This one is fubard by the trans mount area(see picture). But I expected some damage from how it was used(demo derby). However the little fluid their was inside was dark red so it was and probably is still a functioning transmission.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well I need a new extension housing. This one is fubard by the trans mount area(see picture). But I expected some damage from how it was used(demo derby). However the little fluid their was inside was dark red so it was and probably is still a functioning transmission.

Man that one bolt has been gnawed on a bit, hasn't it?!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After talking with our transmission guy at work I won't be doing a trans brake. It's not 100% a strictly drag truck. It will be driven on the street too. If it were something that would be a trailer queen then yes.
Awww...... you almost hurt my one feeling. Whatcha trying to say!!! Trans brakes don't belong on the street..... dang bro!!! Hahaha
I don't even own a car trailer!!!!!