5 long years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Iv been working and building on my truck since 2018.

I bought the truck from Arizona, sight unseen and had it shipped over. I will admit, I had a good platform to begin with. The truck has zero rust and was a good driving truck.

The truck itself only had a few cosmetic blemishes (macco style paint job). Before painting the truck, they didn't remove any seals or fill any of the door dings.

Truck being delivered in 2018

You must be registered for see images attach

The stock 350...

Old interior

Side view

Front

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The engine was planned out. I knew I wanted a bigger motor. I looked for a good 454 block could not find one that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

So I was able to find a 5.7 block out of a 1997 suburban

The engine was made into a 383 stroker

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did not know if I wanted a carb or an EFI. I was talked into getting a complete Holley Sniper kit. To this day I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. It's definitely been a learning curve.

Engine after being put in

The engine after a few changes and how it looks now

Last edited:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good!!!
Those Sniper units can be a huge pain in the butt! They are nice when they work right but one slight issue and you will be pulling your hair out.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now here's how it looks today. Since the paint was less than quality, the truck has been repainted summit white (the factory color) with GM Executive blue flames. Every door dig has been repaired. It's been a long exensive process.

Some things I would have done differently are, I would have put better flowing heads. The current heads are ported and polished vortec heads. They flow well, I just wish I would have gone with an aluminum head.

As far as the Holley sniper, and Hyperspark stuff well.... im still up in the air. It's been a headache that's for sure. I'm really hopping all the little annoying bugs have been finally worked out.

I think I'm finally done with the truck. I hope at least.

Current interior

Current side shot

Front

Last edited:

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good!!!
Those Sniper units can be a huge pain in the butt! They are nice when they work right but one slight issue and you will be pulling your hair out.
Thank you.

You are not kidding About the sniper. Iv been fighting with it for years. I finally found someone who knows alot about it. He put his hands on it and it's now better than its ever been.

I "hear" the Terminator X is much better and more reliable. If I knew something like that existed I would have gotten that instead.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of gas motors, and I spied a manual swap there, also not my favorite thing. However, it is one of the most tastefully upgraded trucks I've seen. I'd be proud to be seen in that thing! Amazing job!

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of gas motors, and I spied a manual swap there, also not my favorite thing. However, it is one of the most tastefully upgraded trucks I've seen. I'd be proud to be seen in that thing! Amazing job!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes you spied correctly. The truck ate two 4l60Es in 8k miles.

I'm not sure what was going on. I suspect it was a tuning issue.

It now has a Tremec TKX 5 speed. I'm hoping I get more than 8k miles out of it.