95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
And we now have a transmission! Got a really kickass deal($50) on a 1966 Power Glide. It needs gone through but is complete minus the dipstick tube. It will get built to handle ~600hp.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
And we now have a transmission! Got a really kickass deal($50) on a 1966 Power Glide. It needs gone through but is complete minus the dipstick tube. It will get built to handle ~600hp.

Will you rebuild it yourself, or send it out someplace?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Old school gets it done! There's a reason this is the go to race trans for so many people....

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
No clue when it was "Factory Rebuilt" but it will be completely torn down again to handle 600hp. I need to see if there is a fixture to mount it to my engine stand. That way I can tear into it and take the case to work and clean it up.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've watched some Mountains Garage videos on YT. The guy is very knowledgeable on the TH400 and Power glides. I've only really watched his transmission videos, but I think he's into drag racing?

Anyways, I seem to recall the Glide requires most internal parts to be replaced for it to handle big power, which can get expensive, especially if you swap to a different ratio geartrain. Do you know what ratio yours is?

OTOH, the TH400 doesn't require much. And the few upgrades can come from stock replacement parts from the 4L80e.

He did a video comparing the two units. I'll see if I can find it if you are interested.

Just a thought. Either will work. Is the truck going to be fast enough to require that SFI-certified bell housing? I see those guys running that, but don't know what triggers that requirement or if it's just 'cause it looks cool... I'm just a stock guy, so I don't know a lot of these things.

I believe I've mentioned this before, but don't remember if on your build thread or not. Probably have, and forgot...:rolleyes:

Edit: Here is the video I was thinking about; not really a comparison video as I mentioned above. In the beginning he talks about it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: