95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well I just picked this truck up a week ago, my original goal was to find a square body or GMT800 Reg cab. But this GMT400 was too good of a deal to pass up 181k miles 350, reg cab long bed very nicely optioned truck, pw,pl,bucket seats, center console and the color is pretty cool too 20U(Quasar Blue Met). The truck has the typical rocker and cab corner rust of a rust belt truck, however the bed's only rust is a weird 2"x2" hole on the passenger side by the tailgate.

The first things on the docket for this truck are to get the maintenance up to ***** and replace the whole suspension the only things that will be reused are the leafs themselves the bushings will be replaced. The truck will get a 4/6 Drop from Trekline Motorsports, 17x8/17x9 wheel combo( U.S. Wheel 69 series) that will be either powder coated gunmetal gray(forged charcoal) or done in Cerekote of a similar color. With the wheels i will be cleaning up the original chrome caps that i have and putting them with them, which will eventually be the only chrome on the truck.

The 350 will eventually be swapped out for a LM7 5.3L which will probably stay N/A, with the normal Intake manifold(TBSS), Stg 4 BTR cam, BTR valve springs, SS headers and a rework of the current 2.5" exhaust that is on the truck. I am looking for reliable, I may want to eventually go faster but this truck will still be used as a truck.

The truck will stay the OE Quasar Blue Met color, I am however torn on keeping the flares on it or not. They are not mounted correctly but are OEM flares. The flares would allow me to run a wheel setup with a wider foot print and a different offset as well but we will see.

Like i said the truck will be getting all it's maintenance up to ***** first, on Thursday last week I ordered a decent amount of parts to get that going.

New Delco/Remy Alternator
New Belt
Plugs(Delco)
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Fuel Pump and Sender(Vortec Pump(60psi))
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Tank Straps

I will be doing this in stages, its not that I don't want to order everything at once, I am just looking to stretch this out as it is winter lol

I will be doing the brakes and cooling system after the tune-up and fuel system is squared away. The truck runs very well now but it has a cobbled fuel system as the sending unit rusted out. The cosmetics will be last but before the engine swap, like I said it runs well. As I go I will be wire wheeling the frame and chassis painting it. under the bed will get undercoated as will the cab, I don't plan on removing the cab more than to just replace the cab mount bushings.

Cosmetic wise it will be getting black bumpers a color matched grille with black bow tie and inserts, the SS aluminum trimmed emblem on the gate will be taken off and replaced by a Chevrolet script style emblem. the side moldings will also be removed. I will also be redoing the interior in the OE gray but recovering the buckets with a light blue tartan plaid in the middle. There is a ton of thigs I envision for this truck and will accomplish over time but it will be a slow long process as I want to teach my little one and wife how to do some things on the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Did the alternator, belt and air filter last night. found out my under hood work light still works too. need to look into upgrading the bulb to an LED or figuring out a way to mod it to support a brighter LED light.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
well it's been a while since I have updated this i have a pretty solid plan of what I am doing with it now.

things that are already done:

ACD EP381 fuel pump
Carter Fuel level sender
AN -6 lines from fuel tank to TBI
Rebuilt FPR and reman injectors
New Filler Neck
New Gas Tank
New Straps
RR output shaft seal
New Pads, Rotors, Calipers
New Front Grille
New DS headlight
Oversized Brass Door bushings and new OEM pins

It also got a bath for the first time in my ownership

Day I got it:

Couple weeks ago:

I am planning on doing suspension, wheels, and tires here soon.

Going with QA1 coilovers on the front with Belltech 2" drop spindles. And for the rear it is getting 4" Belltech Drop leafs, 1" Drop shackle, and an Addico 426 1" solid rear sway bar.

As far as wheels go I am planning on sticking with the 454SS/Sport Wheels. But I will be going with Nitto NT555RII 275/60/15 tires they should give me the traction I will need when doing an auto-x or track day.

Bodywork(rust repair and paint) will be the last thing that I do.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So a bit of an update on the truck as it is moving slowly. I have procured the following for my truck.

17x8 corvette wheel reps in silver price of free
2001 LM7 5.3L LS with harness, 0411 ecm and pedal asm for $250.
700R4 2wd trans that I will have mildly rebuilt and swap in the same time I do the LS, also a freebie.

I will more than likely list my 350/4l60e and associated engine harness up for sale as it would be a good candidate for a S10 swap or anything really.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Small update no pics though as i have not got the parts yet. but I ordered my Holley 12-882 adj FPR and more Russell AN fittings as my whole fuel system is AN line and fittings. I have also found a set of staggared square body rally wheels too that I will pick up this weekend. now the question is with my truck being Light Quasar Blue Met what color should I do the wheels? The three color swatches uploaded are what I am thinking. Forged Charcoal, Low Gloss White or Pacific Silver.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI I can finally get my over fueling under control now. Not to mention this will allow me to swap to an LS or a MPFI setup with ease if the TBI does not suit my needs. Had to order a special Areoquip 3/8 NPT to 6AN Tee fitting for my return setup since I'll have to split it between regulator and TBI unit.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Finished all 5 of my rally wheels. Went with 15x6.5 van rallys for the front, and 15x8 truck rallys for the rear. Have a 15x7 for the spare. no pictures of all 5 done as i finished the last 15x6.5 today.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score

Crappy picture and the garage is a mess, but I sanded the chrome grille and have the first coat of filler primer on it. This grille was a free one I got from a friend because mine was broken. It's far from perfect but will do for now.