95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I am having a internal struggle. I am highly debating using hood pins with the truck. I do plan on getting a fiberglass stock replacement style hood.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Because the look of pins can be trashy.

This..... unless they'd actually help in some manner. I thought they were cool when I was a kid, but it didn't take long to figure out they were out of place on a street car. Especially when said street car is basically stock, except for the rust, dents, and wheels... I know that's not the case with your truck, but still. I wouldn't do it, unless it served a purpose.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of old school hood pins, but something like this, could be cool...

You must be registered for see images attach

...but hood curvature might be an issue.

Maybe these...

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy with the K24-swapped Miata has the top set of hood latches. They work well, but understand that no matter what style you use it will require a little wiggling with the hood every time you close it. We have captured spring-lock hood pins on the BMW, and last year we had both come loose at Sebring, smashing the roof with the hood. That bottom set of hood pins looks trick, but trick also means I wouldn't trust them as much. The old school hood pins with cables look goofy, but they work effectively and reliably. My Jaguar's hinge system and the hood itself were insanely heavy, to I've yanked it all and have just the hood skin in a lift-off configuration with four spring lock hood pins.

Do you need hood pins? Then get some that work and don't worry what people think. If not, don't bother.