95 5.7L 350 TBI Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
thermal flap is on the underside of the air cleaner lid that goes to the accordian looking tube. theres a flap there so it heats up your vehicle when its cold and at operating temp it closes. they take warm air right from the exhaust manifold.

as for fuel pressure on a stock engine its not needed but you can bump up your pressure a few psi by putting a quarter under the regulator spring. do the ultimate tbi mods as well.

What are the benefits of doing this?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
What are the benefits of doing this?

Quarter trick may not work. Some regulators are different. Mine had a screw that I turned to raise the pressure. Benifit of this is supposedly slightly quicker throttle response due to slightly more fuel going into the motor.

Ultimate tbi mods opens up the throttle body for a ton more airflow. Very good for your motor. Won't add 50hp but will definitely let it breath better. Used with an injector spacer, could be a very worthwhile mod, and very cheap. (I got my injector spacer for $14 on eBay).

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Quarter trick may not work. Some regulators are different. Mine had a screw that I turned to raise the pressure. Benifit of this is supposedly slightly quicker throttle response due to slightly more fuel going into the motor.

Ultimate tbi mods opens up the throttle body for a ton more airflow. Very good for your motor. Won't add 50hp but will definitely let it breath better. Used with an injector spacer, could be a very worthwhile mod, and very cheap. (I got my injector spacer for $14 on eBay).

What about a tbi spacer as well? Have you done any of this?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
What about a tbi spacer as well? Have you done any of this?

Tbi spacer allows the fuel/air to mix better before going into the combustion chamber. Also supposedly very good for the motor.

Injector spacer and regulator mod seemed to help throttle response, not much else. And I haven't had a chance to do the ultimate mods.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my edlebrock intake is basically a built in sapcer i have one for it just have to space the throttle bracket which if you run a stock manifold you wont have issues with. any injector spacer or tb spacer will help in a system where fuel is directed above the engine so to say. its rather easy to mad a regulator too a washer and a screw that is slight larger than the hole that fits into the area and around the spring, drill a hole at the bottom and screw it in for more pressure and out for less.

i also saw a guy on thirdgen run a brake cable to the underside of his dash from the throttle body with a guage in a pillar so he could move the bike cable in and out to adjust pressure and he could moniter it right away while still sitting in his car.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
my edlebrock intake is basically a built in sapcer i have one for it just have to space the throttle bracket which if you run a stock manifold you wont have issues with. any injector spacer or tb spacer will help in a system where fuel is directed above the engine so to say. its rather easy to mad a regulator too a washer and a screw that is slight larger than the hole that fits into the area and around the spring, drill a hole at the bottom and screw it in for more pressure and out for less.

i also saw a guy on thirdgen run a brake cable to the underside of his dash from the throttle body with a guage in a pillar so he could move the bike cable in and out to adjust pressure and he could moniter it right away while still sitting in his car.

That's pretty awesome!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i know, ive played around withthe idea, i have two or three of the regulaot rpods laying around m trying to make my frankenstein tbi for close to no reason at all.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

Where is it located. How much do I turn the screw and such?

PossumJr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do have $37 you could buy one of those Hypertech bowls instead of making one, heard someone dyno'ed one and got +8 hp at the wheels, I have noticed better throttle response however small.