94 A/C Ready to Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New filter dryer

You must be registered for see images attach

New compressor installed

Vacum pump drawing it down

Had to borrow this fitting from my cousin who is an HVAC tech that would let me connect the vacum pump to my gauge block and also a different yellow line to fit this.

All connected and waiting to charge up.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is my last post. It's also my first really documented repair I've done. hats off to those who take the time to do this cause it's a pain in the butt! Lol. I probably have some things out of order. I didn't get pics of the gauges. I did add exactly 32 ounces of R134A. I also added an additional 2.7 ounces of PAG oil to the filter dryer which combined with the 5.3 in the compressor equals the 8 ounces I needed. Now I may have made some mistakes, I'm open to any and all advice and just wanted to help someone along the way. parts I bought were a compressor, filter dryer, condenser, seals, PAG oil, new A/C Delco hoses, and the flush kit. I'll look at my Rock Auto order and get the list of parts. It's blowing nice and cool now. I feel pretty confident it'll last for a good while too. lastly I wouldn't have tried this were it not for the advice, pictures and links all found here on GMT400. So thanks to everyone who posted, wrote, contributed to A/C stuff. It all helped.

Last edited:

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting a real thermometer for checking the air vent temperature. The $6 ones from the auto parts store work great and are much more accurate than an infrared.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk
"Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - Supercharged111

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting a real thermometer for checking the air vent temperature. The $6 ones from the auto parts store work great and are much more accurate than an infrared.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk
"Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - Supercharged111
I will have to pick one of those up. Thanks for the heads up.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm glad you got it working on your own!

Do you have a list of parts and tools that you needed to complete it start to finish?

Also for future posts, please break apart large posts into smaller paragraphs... those super long ones are hard to read through.
(I'll try to remember that)

This is copied and pasted from my order at Rock Auto and what I used. They offer so many different items it was hard to know what to buy for sure.

Every item I ordered came with a new seal installed so I really didn't need the bag of seals but I did end up using one on one of the old switches I reused so glad I had them.

Also, the condenser came with an orifice tube in it and the compressor kit included one as well so I now have a spare.

Compressor kit:
GPD 6511351 (New) w/ Clutch; Upgraded Design Info
Scroll Replacement For 7511351 R4; 6 Groove; May Require 1311339 Comp Manifold Seal Kit; Refer to Comp Label for Oil Capacity

Heat & Air Conditioning : A/C Receiver Drier / Accumulator GPD 1411357 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info

Heat & Air Conditioning : A/C System Sealing Kit GPD 1321277 {#MT2555} Info

Heat & Air Conditioning : A/C Condenser
GPD 4544C {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} (Additional Corrosion Protection) Info
w/ 15.94" x 27.83" Core

Heat & Air Conditioning : A/C System Flush Gun FOUR SEASONS 59172 32 oz Capacity; w/ Regulator
FOUR SEASONS 69991 DURA II Flush Solvent; 1 Quart Info

Heat & Air Conditioning : A/C Refrigerant Oil
FOUR SEASONS 59003 {#1245923, 3949451} (For R-134A System) PAG 150 (R-134a) Oil w/o Dye; 8 oz Info
32.00 Oz. R-134a; 8.00 Oz. PAG-150

GM GENUINE 1533170 {#15954953, 19213709} (Liquid Line (Condenser to Evaporator)) Info
Condenser To Evaporator; A/C; Manual Controls (C60); Exc. Rear Auxiliary A/C (C69), Ambulance Package (YF2)

GM GENUINE 1530436 {#15981521, 19213696} (Discharge Line (High Pressure: Compressor to Condenser)) Info
Compressor to condenser

I'm sure a lot of the experienced guys would know where to save some money but I just bought all this hoping to do it right once and have no issues. Everything on this list put it at somewhere between four and five hundred. I probably could have reused my hoses, but they were 27 years old so who knows for sure.

There were cheaper flush kits but I'm sure I'll be doing a few more vehicles in the future now that I figured this out. I like the gun, seems like a quality tool to me.

As far as tools, I bought a set of automotive A/C gauges from Pittsburgh Tools last year and had to borrow the vacum pump from my cousin, an HVAC tech. There were some issues there getting the yellow hose connected to the vacum pump but he had a brass fitting we used in place of mine and were able to complete the job. I would say that was the biggest hurdle for me.

Couple big crescent wrenches (opened to around 1 1/8" I'm guessing for the big nuts.

That's all I have.