93 Work Truck Headliner Parts and Install Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kall64

Reaction score
I got a 93 w/t without the headliner in it, I got a new backing board and fabric, but I'm not sure what goes in the front of the headliner toward the windshield. I also have the white plastic clips that hold it up but read that there is some Velcro up front? Any help or pic that show how it attaches would be a big help! Is there a trim piece that goes up there along the windshield on the W/T ? Thanks Guys

Reaction score
Recently replaced what I think was the OEM headliner with a knockoff from Rockauto. The OEM had a heavy velcro-style strip to either side of the rear-view mirror (each about 8 in x 1.5 in). One side of the velcro stuff was still firmly anchored to the roof shell in my '94 ECSB C1500. The mating stuff on the headliner had de-laminated from the headliner shell (possibly / likely from water intrusion due to a leaky windshield seal :( ).

The Rockauto replacement came with a strip of velcro about 30 in x 2 in, and instructions to cut the strip into sections for either side of the mirror, and place these close to the edge of the windshield. Meant to grab a few pics, but alas, was too focused on getting the task done to grab any photos.

So far so good - the velcro is holding very well, though its only been a few weeks and we've not yet had temps over 90dF.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got a 93 w/t without the headliner in it, I got a new backing board and fabric, but I'm not sure what goes in the front of the headliner toward the windshield. I also have the white plastic clips that hold it up but read that there is some Velcro up front? Any help or pic that show how it attaches would be a big help! Is there a trim piece that goes up there along the windshield on the W/T ? Thanks Guys
No trim piece at the windshield; the headliner is folded over the end of the board so you don't see the edge of the material. You'll probably need new A-pillar plastics as the ones for an 88-94 headliner interior extend all the way to the back of the door window, and hold the edges of the headliner board. You'll also need the B-pillar plastics, as well as the upper and lower rear window plastics. The upper can be tough to find as many people break them by removing them improperly. There's fingers in the ends of them that interlock with the B-pillar plastics; remove the B-pillars first by "hinging" the bottom of them inwards first so you can get the interlocking fingers out of the upper rear window plastic without breaking either piece.

It's been a while since I've looked at a no-headliner truck so forgive me if I'm off base with any of this.

Richard