93 Extended cab step side (project)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well here are some pics of my newly acquired project.
You must be registered for see images attach

And now the pics from what I have done and parts I picked up at the junk yard.

New/used carpet

New/used seats

seat belts for the back

back wall piece

back seat installed

New/used bucket seats. They look dirty as hell in this pic but they're not this dirty.

The main reason I picked it up for a cheap price was because of the rats nest of wires under the dash. It was a nightmare but I got it taken care of.

Got this in yesterday and put a billet insert in it. I haven't put it on the truck yet cause I still have to install the headlight wiring harness.

New headlights

I realized when I got my grill in yesterday that I ordered the wrong set of lights cause the marker lights don't fit but there not that expensive so I can just order more marker lights.

I ordered a shave kit for the tailgate and it should be here today. I will get it welded in probably next weekend.

I thought I was gonna have to take the truck to the tranny shop cause it was shifting hard and staying in gear too long. But I think the timing and sitting up for about 6 months before I bought it had something to do with it.

I drove it around a few days ago and the steering was loose as hell. So I took a look under it and got a list of parts to put on it. I went and got the parts and installed them: Pitman arm, Idler arm bracket, Idler arm both, upper ball joints, passenger side upper a arm bushings. I got it all put on and then I couldn't get it to start! So I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor and ignition coil. Tried to crank it and nothing still. So I poured some gas in the TBI and it started instantly. I let the truck run for about 30 minutes after it started and noticed the radiator has a leak. So I went to the parts house and picked up a fuel pump/sending unit and a radiator. This weekend I will be putting the fuel pump in. I getting pumped about driving it soon! I still have a lot of work to do but it will be a good truck when I get it going.

I'm open to suggestions and comments positive or negative.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It look's like you have a good project on your hands, I think all the parts you bought for the front will look great when everything is installed. Also you probably already got one, but if not put a new fuel filter on the truck, I would also suggest that you rebuild your throttle body, you can get a rebuild kit for about $45 at O'rielly's, and it really makes a lot of difference in the way the truck run's. Not to mention that there are 2 small filter's on the injector's themself that you can only change when you rebuild the unit. It usually takes me about 1 hour to completely rebuld one. It's going to be a nice truck when you are finished!

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I will do the rebuild kit on the TBI soon. And yeah I bought a filter with the pump last night. It's actually pump/sending unit that I'm replacing. My fuel gauge stays pegged out.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice looking project there, i like your choice of headlights, they look goood

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Try flipping the markers upside down and swapping what side they're on. I had the same issue with my lights (don't remember if it was the lights, or reflector pieces), but I took the right side, flipped it, and put it on the left, and did the same with the left side. Fits just fine. You definitely have a project, but definitely a good starting point.

You planning on sticking with the blue color? Looks nice.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I like the blue that is on it. I tried flipping and all that stuff yesterday I don't think it will work. I will give it a try again though. I still need to get a new front bumper for it. Went out after work to hook up the new radiator and the oil cooler line hole were too small on the radiator. Apparently it has lines and a radiator from a 94. So tomorrow I gotta take the radiator back and swap it out.

Poser

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look slike you got replacement parts for all the spots on the truck that needed replacing haha
(grill, lights, ect. Old grill looks cheap)

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I have most of the parts but there is a few more pieces I need. And yeah the old grill is crap! I should be able to get it all pieced together this weekend and hopefully be driving it next week.

Reaction score
Let me know what you think about the lights, i have the same set in the mail. Progress is looking good bro! .....And the marker lights are different sizes between years. Make sure you get the ones for the year style grill you got.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
The only other suggestion I could make is to cut the grille a little. It looks like he got the correct year lights and grille. Above and below the holes for mounting them, there's a spot where the grille part comes back out a little. The backing of your lights is probably hitting this. I had to wedge mine between them to get them to fit. You can either work at it, or just try cutting that spot down a bit, but I wouldn't take it completely out, just enough to fit the backing of the lights between those two. (Sorry, don't have any pics of what I'm talking about, if you need 'em, I can go out and take some.)