91 Chevy 350 tbi troubleshoot/ fuel pressure gauge install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfisher1987

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my very first post so I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section. So first off I want to purchase autometer fuel pressure gauge # 2660. What do I need to be able to plumb this into my fuel lines? There is no test port correct? Now my next issue is why I want the fuel pressure gauge and that is that about 2 months ago I let my truck sit for a few days and went to start it and it fired right up and then died. I sat there and cranked on it for a good while and it did not attempt to want to fire up. I could hear the fuel pump prime but I cant check spark by myself. By the time my brother got over with his scan tool and spark tester it fired right up. two weeks later it did the exact same thing and fired right up as soon as i got someone over to look at it. now just the other day I went to drive it after it had sat for a few days and it started up and I drove for a few miles and it died while i was driving. I was able to coast into a parking lot and I would crank on it and it would fire up for a few seconds and die and then it did that a few times until it stayed running and I have been driving it every since. A year and a half ago I put all new plugs, wires, distributor (included ignition control module), and coil on it. any ideas what this could be?

mfisher1987

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks a bunch for that. what are the pros of putting and adjustable regulator on for me? just if i build it in the future I can fine tune it?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you can test spark by yourself.. get an extra sparkplug. Take one of your wires off and insert plug. Just rest it against most any grounded metal that you can see from either the front seat or where ever you are standing to turn your key..Now the trick..lol... gotta do it at night with no lights on... it can be done..

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When your brother was there did you see if there where any codes... you can check for them with out a scanner very easily..... with a paper clip or piece of wire.... just Google looking up gm obd1 codes....

sent from what use to be a great country...

mfisher1987

Reaction score
also it has never done this at night so I havent even had that opportunity yet