90-1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
now that we've exercised a little creativity, made some of our own parts, lets right some wrongs..

Single plane intake has to go.. the Head gaskets causing leaks everywhere lets try and patch it see how it goes..
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
at some point I added a catch can trying to solve oil in the engine bay oil I was finding.

and somewhere online I found a new washer fluid reservoir (I cant remember where for the life of me) it was missing when I bought the truck.

it started to get warm outside, I like AC so I added a fast idle solenoid so I can at least attempt to run the AC..

I finally trashed the blown out Air shocks in the rear.. what a night and day improvement.

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We're almost caught up to today, I was absolutely tired of slamming the doors to get them to close.. Cunningham machine to the rescue!!!
and Once again my lovely wife lending a hand...

also they were nice enough to send me the rear disk brake conversion brackets and tie rod sleeves … I mean I ordered them and paid for them, they just mailed it out

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On to Today.. its been quite the journey so far, we're not done yet, so if you were expecting a fully painted completed truck at the end, sorry to disappoint.

What is holding up the progress on the exhaust you ask? (you didn't ask but just go with it)..

I decided to start figuring out everything that wasn't drivetrain or interior. I landed on the suspension and exhaust. Half way through my header install I realized the rear suspension might interfere with the planned exhaust routing. so I paused that to start this QA1 rear coil over conversion.

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO that's all for now, I'm still working on it, its come LIGHT YEARS from where it was. the Smelly old truck I bought, to the well sorted ( although still apart today) truck I currently have.

Glad you got to meet Lucy, and learn just about all there is to know.

Updates coming sooner than later. Thanks for following along. :cheers:

What was your favorite part? anything you'd change (Besides the carb..)?
How did I do for my First OBS? and really the first SBC?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO that's all for now, I'm still working on it, its come LIGHT YEARS from where it was. the Smelly old truck I bought, to the well sorted ( although still apart today) truck I currently have.

Glad you got to meet Lucy, and learn just about all there is to know.

Updates coming sooner than later. Thanks for following along. :cheers:

What was your favorite part? anything you'd change (Besides the carb..)?
How did I do for my First OBS? and really the first SBC?
All Good man!

Cheezebandit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do your valve covers have baffles in them? PCV is a good thing to have.
There is a baffle, I found one of the cheapo breathers I had was leaking oil. Since I was chasing oil leaks, that I now know was caused by the head gaskets. I was just narrowing down anything I could think of to find the leak.

The oil was seeping from all 4 corners of the intake because the head gasket ears were too short. But it was running in-between the head and block on the outside and getting everywhere.

I added a uv dye to the oil to help track where it was coming from..

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am loving this build mate, the part that impresses me the most is you are not holding anything back, you are building the truck that you want and the way that you want it. Keep up the great work and I will be follow your journey to see where it ends up.