89 GMC Sierra Daily Driver Build. R/C, Step Side, 2wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m going to try and get the extra rally wheels painted up in the next couple of days and have to good tires switched over to them.... I’m also going to swap over the rear bumper from the “race” truck at the same time... while its in the shop, I want to detail the interior and change the oil... basically just a bunch of small stuff...

Soon I’ll order cab corners and then give
it a scuff n shoot single stage paint job... Im also going to give it a 2/4 drop and fix a few interior items...

And then I’m going to list it for like 3200... everything works and it only has a 115xxx miles, and will be rust free and at least look good from 10ft. I think I can get the truck where it needs to be for around 1000 bucks, which will net me around a 1000 profit, and give me 3300 towards a crew cab that you guys have somehow made me realize I need now...

Let’s see if I can actually make a profit on this turd, or if I’ll loose money in the end... follow along to see the progress and the end result...

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better that is a good price fir hat you got. I have a 1989 GMC (same as yours but with fleet side bed) and I’ve had offers of 3k and it needs paint interior is fine, no rust, runs everything works. These trucks are starting to gain value. I’m seeing the prices for really clean ones into 6/8k and into 12k plus for collectible types 454ss SierraGT etc

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant to pull the rear bumper off the green one, and put it on this truck today, but got busy doing other stuff. I’m also going to be scouting market place for a cheap hit for this truck. I figured I might as well use it while I’m fixing it up...

I also got a clunking noise, pretty sure it’s a joking. Pretty sure the driveshaft from the green truck will work in the black truck, so I’ll just go the easy route and slap that in for now. Also, the alternator isn’t charge right, and an idle (while in gear with the brake on), if the heater, headlights, and wipers are on, it’ll flash the battery light.

I have the motor and trans from the green truck sold, but before it goes I’m taking the starter and alternator off.