88GMCtruck's NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
You guys both make excellent points. I just remember all the problems he had and wanted to warn others. I wonder why it gave him so much trouble? Maybe the engine in his truck had an aftermarket crankshaft??

Good question. P2 pretty much hit the nail on the head though IMO.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys both make excellent points. I just remember all the problems he had and wanted to warn others. I wonder why it gave him so much trouble? Maybe the engine in his truck had an aftermarket crankshaft??

That is possible. I know the aftermarket crank I got for my 78 had a big tag on it stating to check for correct pilot bearing fit before installing it.

I didn't since its an auto an that might bite me now since I've got an nv3500 I'd like to put in it someday...

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found another one. A guy emailed me saying he has a 5 speed from a 96, with transfer case, pedals, the whole 9 yards. I asked what engine is in the truck, he responded saying it had a diesel but the engine is long gone. Will this transmission have the right bellhousing to go behind my 350? Since it was behind a diesel, it's safe to say that its a nv4500 rather than a nv3500, correct?? thanks for any help guys

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think think bell housing will work but I'm not 100% sure.

I am 100% sure it should be a nv4500 unless someone has monkied with it...

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I know for a fact that an auto diesel trans will bolt up to a small block (I have done it), so I don't see any reason the standard wouldn't.

x2 definitely an NV4500

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly the things I wanted to hear, thanks for all your help guys. Sorry to jack your thread 88GMCtruck..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch Pedal Bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

I too am needing this item. I pulled all my pedals at the JY yesterday but could not figure out how to remove this without a grinder or something, which would need to be battery operated of course.

How did you remove this from the donor truck?

part number is 15611292 and are available sporadically throughout the country. [shameless plug] I have 2 for sale if you're interested.

Last edited: