88GMCtruck's NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale Greb

Reaction score
Awesome write up man, I'm putting in a getrag290 in place of the 700r4 i took out along with a crate motor swap. Few questions though, where did you get the wires from to hook up to the clutch start safety switch? is it the same as the neutral safety switch? will my truck not start up if i dont put in the clutch safety switch? any help would be appreciated.

tardisguy

Reaction score
Clutch safety switch uses same wires as neutral safety switch. I still have not installed the safety switch on my set up. Truck will start as long as I leave the shift collar on the column in park (truck still has the auto column). I have it set up like that as a theft deterrent. I disconnected the pointer string and pulled the shift handle off so when I park in a shady looking area, I just spin the collar around to "1st gear" position and truck will not start. No shift handle to hold and the collar appears to everyone to uselessly free spin around the column. Pointer stays on "P" the whole time.

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know which wiring is the neutral safety on the auto? I'm doing the manual swap now. Is it the two wires low down on the column?