88GMCtruck's NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
How does that new clutch been performing?

I do have a 'Q' that's kinda related. What would I need to install the cruise on my stick truck? Obviously the turn sig. stalk with the cruise button, but do I need to swap the pedal assembly, or can I use the ones I have now & get the sensors that do the cancelling? What do they look like? There is a control box under the hood, somewhere. What does that look like? Anything else that's required. Computer stuff/upgrade/swap?
Wrong thread for this question? Don't want jack it to far off subject. Thanks for any info.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The clutch pedal bracket would have the mount for the switch, which is wired inline of the one from the brake switch as well. Then you'll need the cruise box wired in and the stalk for the column. I'm not sure if any of this wiring is there or not.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad someone has them still. The GM EPC didn't show them listed anymore last check I did on them, and my dealership said they weren't available.
The more manual GMT400s on the road, the better life will be for us all :biggrin:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Hey 88GMCTruck not to bring up a old thread but when you did this, how did you find the wire that is for your speedometer input? Behind the glovebox? And if so which one??

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
After switching your 88's 700R4 for a NV4500 how did you get the speedometer gauge to work?