88GMCtruck's NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aareen

Banned
Reaction score
So, here is the deal; I'm converting all 8 of the forward lighting on my 88 to HIDs. I know, it's a bit overkill but I like having lots of light. The goal is to have all HID forward lighting, installed into non-projector housings. The hardest part of this will be having minimal glare and a defined cutoff line, similar to a projector. This is only possible with the proper optics and shielding.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
So, here is the deal; I'm converting all 8 of the forward lighting on my 88 to HIDs. I know, it's a bit overkill but I like having lots of light. The goal is to have all HID forward lighting, installed into non-projector housings. The hardest part of this will be having minimal glare and a defined cutoff line, similar to a projector. This is only possible with the proper optics and shielding.

Is there a reason you quoted one of my other threads about HID lights in a thread about transmissions?

ATC200S1984

Reaction score
great write up, helped a lot. i just did the same thing to my 93 sierra 2wd, got rid of the 4.3 automatic and put in a 350 5 speed, well worth the time and effort, makes the truck so much more fun to drive.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clutch Pedal Bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

Hi my truck doesn't have this part. Is it a GM part or aftermarket? Can you share where you bought it and the approx price?

I have been looking on the internet for about 2 hrs for this damn part, but I'm not sure of it's official name so I end up no where! :(

I'm not too fond of welding in a bunch of sloppy angle iron to support the assembly.

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome write up! I will be completing this swap soon on my 98.. Hoping I don't run into too many issues with the PCM going crazy once the 5 speed is in.