88 rotor/hub to 97 rotor and hubs change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering changing the front brake setup from the standard 2wd half ton to the brake setup on the 97 2wd Tahoe. I would like to have the ability to change rotors when they wear out without digging into wheel bearing grease during a brake repair. That said has any one done this? They are both 5 lug 5 inch patterns. Insights or kick the tires input please.

Sorry if in wrong forum still figuring out the site. Admin please move if necessary.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They still aren't a slide in rotor. The only advantage that you would have is if you have a 88-91 standard cab, you can upgrade to the thicker rotor and calipers.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Also, whenever you are doing brake work or whatever, you want to repack those wheel bearings and make sure they are in good shape.....just makes sense. I wish the newer hubs were serviceable like the older ones, rather than just replacement non greaseable units.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 97 Tahoe I had was a hub and separate rotor setup and 5 lug. So was looking to have same setup for my Cheyenne standard cab

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can do the JB8 master and caliper swap with braided lines if you're looking to improve braking. Did it on my 95 4door Tahoe, panic stops are much better.