88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long overdue update. Summer has been nuts between work, eye surgery, getting everything in place for the USCG and a vicious breakup. So its about time for the only girl that's been there to get some much needed bling:evillol:. Still collecting parts for the SAS. Ordered a stage 2 chip from TBIchips.com as well as a Vortec fuel pump to get the truck running like she should cam'med as well as a few other small unimportant things. Pics will come soon of the install. Brian is a plethora of knowledge when it comes to TBI performance. Also looking into a set of heads to hopefully curb my need for more power for a bit.
You must be registered for see images attach

On a completely unrelated note, got my truck inspected and was flagged for suspicious activity by the good ol' state of NY. Apparently 40K miles since last June isn't acceptable:think:

Last edited:

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the fuel pump and chip in this weekend. On low end, no noticeable difference. Top end however, honey flies. Gained some fuel economy back too. Highly recommend TBIchips.com. Had 20 gal of gas in the tank so lifting the bed was the easiest/sketchier route. Some coaxing with ratchet straps and a hoist was involved.

Chip in!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
On a completely unrelated note, got my truck inspected and was flagged for suspicious activity by the good ol' state of NY. Apparently 40K miles since last June isn't acceptable:think:[/QUOTE]

You drove 40k in a year? OMG!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Picture of you lifting the bed would fall under "suspicious activity" :lol:

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Between work, class and just day to day driving, 40k. Not hard considering getting to class was a 2 hr drive one way 2-4 times a week for a year. That alone works out to 20K.

And yea between lifting the bed off and parking the ambulance in front of the house 4 different times over the weekend, the neighbors keep giving me extremely strange looks:lol:

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ah, don't you love NY?

Truck looks pretty sweet wearing the flat black.

How much was the fuel pump and where did you get it? With my AFPR I can't get it above 11, so I'm gonna need a higher psi pump.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
Ah, don't you love NY?

Truck looks pretty sweet wearing the flat black.

How much was the fuel pump and where did you get it? With my AFPR I can't get it above 11, so I'm gonna need a higher psi pump.

AC Delco EP381, same price as a stocker, will fit right in, and will provide enough fuel for anything you could possibly do to the truck.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from TBIchips when I bought the tune. Its just a Vortec pump. Flows 155LPH with a peak output of 60psi.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
hmm wonder if i should try a vortec pump...but on the other hand the build is looking good. im on 12" of lift (8" springs and 3" on the conversion) so i plan on dropping to 6" springs to make the 37s look more at home

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All I have to say is damn you 88GMCTruck for giving me bad ideas. That is all.