88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love the mirrors and kodiak handles

did you buy the new rods and hardware and such for the handles?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Negatory ghostrider. I ended up having to call it quits for the night to make my shift on time. I still have to finish wiring the lights and finishing up the handles. The rods are all sorts of hillbilly homebrew for now. I cut about a 1/2 inch off the stock door latch rod and bent it as a temp fix. Couldn't get the locks to work with the stock rods. I plan on picking up new rods and a new latch tomorrow which should fix all my issues and not be a cob job.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok cool

i know a few people have managed to get away with making the stock ones fit but most got new rods

they are on my list of things to do but i dont wanna dish out the cash for all the rods and such stuff to make them work

did you get those handles off ebay also?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea the stock handles push the latch rod down from about a half inch higher than the Kodiaks and I couldn't for the life of me get the lock mech to throw with the stock rod. All sorts of binding going on there.

GM wanted $100 a piece for new Kodiak handles. Found Ebay seller ecaronline has 10+ pairs of brand new Kodiak handles with keys for $50 minus shipping.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i found the ones on ebay but wasnt sure if those were the ones you got

i wish someone else besides the gm dealer sold the rods and such...im not as worried about the locking part yet as my locks dont work anyways but kinda hard to open the door w/o a working handle though

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The arm off the back of the key cylinder seems to be the issue. The stock C/K arm is long enough to throw the latch but binds against the handle and door. The stock Kodiak arm is too short to throw the latch but doesn't interfere with anything. Kinda hoping 88GMCTruck chimes in before tomorrow.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm...
You must be registered for see images attach

My little brother needed an axle for his 61 Scout 80 so being a good brother I parted with the Dodge 60. Plus I really want to see this thing on tons lol. Picked up this DRW GM60 to replace the old one. Called ORD and parts are on the way:evillol:

Pic of the Scout when we first brought her home cause I'm extremely jealous and it's just plain cool. Slant IH 4 banger, 86hp @ 4400 RPM, twin stick, 3 speed. 34000 original miles.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
One of my uncles had one of those, when I was a kid. Orange body, black roof, interior (buckets) wheels & bumpers. Shorty side pipes with mufflers in them, behind a built 401. Lifted on big tires & wheels. What a beast! I'll never forget the sound of that thing.