to flip or not to flip on a 1995 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank guys, got lucky when I found it, yes a build thread will be in order for this build, got a couple of more side jobs to do b4 I can pull the trigger on the parts cannon, but shouldn't be too long!!

utvolfan76

Reaction score
Thank guys, got lucky when I found it, yes a build thread will be in order for this build, got a couple of more side jobs to do b4 I can pull the trigger on the parts cannon, but shouldn't be too long!!

1993 GMC 3/4 drop , 3" Belltech front coils, 4" street edge drop leafs from Ebay, Belltech shocks all 4 corners

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 36

monsterwake

Reaction score
Looks like this thread died. I really like the 2tone brown 95OBSMan has. Hope I can find the finished truck on here somewhere.
I too am in the middle of decideing if I want to stick with my flip or do lowering leafs instead. Maybe even go with some helper air lift or something.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hasn't really died, just takes time and money to get where Id like the truck at... 5/6 drop

Thanks for the comment on my truck, I plan on a rear roll pan, up in the air on which one, smooth or plate!? Research leads me to a Tinworks rear flip kit= 6" drop w/ there weld in C-notch, shock extenders. Bought this durning there holiday 30% off online sale they had!

Front will be a DJM UCA with there LCA's 3" and I'm going to cut the original springs 1 coil= 2" drop should give me a 5" drop up front while retaining my OEM spindle and brake hardware as there is nothing wrong with my brakes at this time.

I like to have all related parts on hand b4 doing what I would consider a major suspension "job"...

Got a 2 post in the garage, but have my friends 94 RCLB C2500 on it now, tranny went out @ 150k and its headed to Nicks shop for a rebuild and then I'll reinstall it and get him back on the go, and that funding should cover my front kit and then forward progress with this thread, I've got someone who watches my "purse strings" really, really close...;)

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hasn't really died, just takes time and money to get where Id like the truck at... 5/6 drop

Thanks for the comment on my truck, I plan on a rear roll pan, up in the air on which one, smooth or plate!? Research leads me to a Tinworks rear flip kit= 6" drop w/ there weld in C-notch, shock extenders. Bought this durning there holiday 30% off online sale they had!

Front will be a DJM UCA with there LCA's 3" and I'm going to cut the original springs 1 coil= 2" drop should give me a 5" drop up front while retaining my OEM spindle and brake hardware as there is nothing wrong with my brakes at this time.

I like to have all related parts on hand b4 doing what I would consider a major suspension "job"...

Got a 2 post in the garage, but have my friends 94 RCLB C2500 on it now, tranny went out @ 150k and its headed to Nicks shop for a rebuild and then I'll reinstall it and get him back on the go, and that funding should cover my front kit and then forward progress with this thread, I've got someone who watches my "purse strings" really, really close...;)
Depending on the condition of your front end parts, and it sounds like you're planning or redoing most of it, definitely snag some outer tie-rod's. Mine were sacrificed by my dad when he was helping me. Was a unforseen expense/delay.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! I offer advice on getting the upper shock extenders too. They get the shock a little more vertical.
Thanks for the advice on these! Wasn't aware they had uppers, learn something new everyday!

Depending on the condition of your front end parts, and it sounds like you're planning or redoing most of it, definitely snag some outer tie-rod's. Mine were sacrificed by my dad when he was helping me. Was a unforseen expense/delay
Yes sir, all steering parts are OEM w/115k on them and they are just tried and at 29yrs old I think they did there job. I just scored a OEM idler bracket with the idler arm "sold" as an assembly still in the plastic bag from ACDelco made in Canada, and I'll take that any day over the stuff thats out there now, as of this post, bought a ACDelco pitman arm as well, down to center drag link and inner/outer TR's and the connecting sleeves, which I guess I will get from the "known" sources that are out there, as the quality "should" be there and the price will be reasonable... The wife drove her home yesterday (sat in the parking lot @ work) for 3 days do to a problem I'll post here, anyway she said the steering was "sloppy", do to the "rag joint" so after countless hours here and looking at the known "upgrades" for this problem I'm getting the replacement "rag" and keeping it OEM.

you should definitely start a dedicated build thread. You can link all your other project posts to it. You’ve got a really beautiful truck. I’m sure there’s a few of us that would like to look at it from time to time :cool:
Thank you! I get so lost sometimes looking at everything here!!!:eek:o_O I need to figure out how to start that, that would help out instead of replying to these different post on the truck, huh!? Dah, thats why you mentioned it!!