to flip or not to flip on a 1995 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that looks like a good spot for them, up and outa harms way!! Hell don't need to squint, I just put my cheaters on!!:cool:

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't catch that abs line, killer spot and good thinking using one of the upper ball joint bolts to hold that one in place!!!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on the IHC kit?
The IHC stuff looks nice! The only note for me would be the delrin bushings. Delrin is an awesome material, hard wearing, self lubricating-ish, but has almost no compliance. Road noise and feedback will transfer more than polyurethane and definitely more than rubber. I’d say it’s more of a “performance” bushing.
Need some help with that please...
Took me a while to figure out too

Click on the user name then select “start conversation”
You must be registered for see images attach

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok got it on the PM thing!! Thanks man!! Thats a good looking truck, I like the stance its got, I get what you said earlier on about the 3/4 then thinking should've done a 4/6 drop, seen a lot of the 3/4, but with a 4/6 and I need to replace all the front end parts, I'll be $ ahead with the 4/6 drop, so if you did a 4/6 drop right now which way would you go on the parts? Say you had a 1k to spend?

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you did a 4/6 drop right now which way would you go on the parts? Say you had a 1k to spend?

This is the route I would go, I like the poly bushings better for a daily. I also prefer a slight rake so I would do 3 inch arms and 2 inch springs for a 5” front drop and the ability to run 15” wheels. If you’re going to go with 17”s or bigger I’d probably replace the springs with 1-2” spindles to retain factory ride quality. I’d go with the IHC front kit if heavy cornering performance was more important than daily driver ride comfort.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were a highscool kid on a weekend lawn mowing budget I’d say cut the springs and flip the back with a djm or eBay kit!

I think kids need to experience those kinds of decisions so they appreciate the “right way” of doing things to look cool. and so they can yell at other kids on the internet about heating springs with their dads gas axe:rotflmao:

russ841

Reaction score
I am so glad I read this thread. I have been an OBS guy since before they became OBS. I just picked up a 2wh 96 Suburban that will be on the highway most of the time. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Belltech 5/7. I didn't realize the spindle pushed the front wheel out. I am also going to replace everything while I am in there. I was concerned with the ride quality. I am too old and fat for a supper stiff suspension.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya there russ841!!! Orpedcrow thanks for all the advice and links, its going to be a daily for sure, and will keep to a 15" wheel, I'm old school on the front rake as well, I just like the look it gives the truck, takes me back to the hot rod days, thinking we where all that!! :rotflmao:I not into heavy cornering or racing the truck just back and forth to work, try to get in a cars and coffee from time to time, and some car/truck shows with the wifey, gotta keep momma happy! 5/6 will set her up just right and the cost is right in there, I'll have to do a couple more side jobs, but I'll have enough for the steering components as well which will get it tighten up better than oem!! Thanks for all the help man!! Cant wait to post up on this work!!

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely start a build thread, it is a good looking truck.