88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just copying my build over to get input from others and toss around some ideas and just maybe have some more motivation to get it done.

So I have been building my DD up for about 3 years now and figured I'd start a build thread to have something to look back at.The truck is a 1988 GMC K2500, mildly built crate 350(Stock bottom end, stock heads for now, cam, intake, headers, etc)700r,14sf, etc for now. Already undergone a few rebuilds. I picked up a new frame, D60 w/kingpins out of an 89' Dodge 3500, a 14FF out of a 97' Burb and a divorced NP205 out of an unknown Dodge. Between being a full-time student, work and living in NY progress will be slow so bear with me. Hope you guys enjoy.

The real basic plan:
- 4 link with Ballistic Hybrid Coilovers
- Ballistic Joints at the frame, poly bushings at the axle
- High steer (Hydro-assist later on)
- 5.13 gears and lockers f/r
- Shackle flip rear and new shackles
- Leaning towards the upcoming 37" or 42" Pitbull Rocker radials when they come out.

Pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
Reaction score
question

Where in new york are you located and are you thinking about selling that 14 bolt sf you have in that 88 gmc?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Syracuse and yes after the FF is in.

Reaction score
How much?

How much do you think you would want for the axle? I'll come pick it up whenever you're ready

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replacement center floor is from GM. The rest is from Keystone. It may be a while for the SF to be out. Currently work is loading me up with hours. I guess more money for the truck.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lack of time and other misfortunes. I'm averaging 110-120 hr weeks at the moment, then to top it off I had a banging noise coming out of the front end of my 99 Sub. So I pulled that all apart only to find out NAPA gave me the wrong CV shafts and they were bottoming out. Then a few days later I sheered off some wheel studs on my front drivers side on the highway, slid about 200 yards on the knuckle and had to do a little more fixing. Thankfully I only ground down the lower BJ castle nut and didnt do much damage to the kuckle.

On a good note, I did manage to find a Pass-drop 241 in the junkyard while trying to find an IFS diff for the Sub in the junkyard.