88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
,another thing I could add I cleaned gunk,and dried grease off seat rollers on a 85 supreme cutlass with a cheap screwdriver,and applied fresh new grease left the screwdriver in the small hole at the back of the track and was grabbing the floor to shake it off,and accidentally pushed the seat level seat shot back and latched into place!!! Broke handle off screwdriver and bent it into a u,so yeah watch your fingers people,and they don't want to hear a screwdriver handle blow apart inside a car!!
Not sure how cutlass tracks are, however i have redone quite a few tracks on 60s mopars, and they cant be much different, if you remove the track from the seat, and run the track all the way in the direction it needs to go to bring the spring to full compression, then just unhook and remove the spring with a pair of plyers. At this point you can slide the track whichever direction you need to clean the old dried grease off the slides and rollers with laquer thinner, varsol, or whatever grease cutter you want on the work bench where its easier to do than in the vehicle. You can then regrease the tracks and run them forward and back without the spring attached to make sure the lube is where you want it. Then slide them back where they need to be to reattach the spring so its not under tension, then reinstall the tracks to the seats.

I use Aeroshell 22 synthetic grease on all my light lube areas like window regulators, power window gearboxes, wiper motors, seat track sliders etc. It doesnt have an odor, will not deteriorate nylon plastic gears, and takes hot and cold temperature extremes without getting thicker or thinner. I rebuilt a pair of vent window crank regulators for a 60 el camino i restored. Packed em with aeroshell 22. Smooth as butter when you would turn the cranks. Price is pretty reasonable too. Comes in a plastic grease gun sized tube I just use an acid brush, and dip into it, when done, i put the plastic cap back on and save for the next job. For the purposes you would use this for, one tube will last you a lifetime.

Hope this helps someone to not lose a finger or an eye.

Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hump

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what these seats are out of? I took them out of my 1988 C3500 dually in hopes of installing some Cal-trend slip on covers but the backs on the seat are shaped completely different than any of the C/K seats that I have seen.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Astro van maybe?

A buddy of mine took his bench seat on his 88, and ran heavy duty rails across, then used PT cruiser seats, and a flip up center console box from a 1996 ram truck. So its like a bucket bench with a center console that flips up for a 3rd seat.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what these seats are out of? I took them out of my 1988 C3500 dually in hopes of installing some Cal-trend slip on covers but the backs on the seat are shaped completely different than any of the C/K seats that I have seen.

Those look like 454SS seats to me.

Hump

Reaction score
Well, after reading your reply I did a Google search on "SS 454 seats" and it brought up images of what appears to be the exact same seats that I have.
Thank you very much!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score

definitely 454SS seats

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Buy 4 of em and run 4 buckets in your CCSB build, just because you can

If you actually go look back on my thread (the original C3500 thread, not the CCSB one) i did run dual bucket seats in that truck for a short period of time. I wasn't a huge fan.

That being said, if you check out my 88-94 garnet interior thread i do have an extra set of red high back buckets lol. Picked them up as spares about 2 weeks ago.