88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Just though I'd share some pics of the seat install I did in my own truck.

Will make a seperate thread going into detail about it all; harness bar, brackets, etc. Will probably become products I will add to my line.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very well-described and informative write-up. I will be on the lookout for some good bucket seats. Are yours the original upholstery? they look great. I have the 60/40 manual seat so they shouldn't be a problem for me. Thank you.

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember I thought my front Grey 60/40 Silverado bench seat was decent,but needs cleaned,well its not seat it firmly bolted down but the seat rocks the dr.side lower front corner is coming apart,oh well I'm just gonna find front and rear vinyl seats and be done with it,that way when they get dirty,you wipe the seats down,then your done.. It is after all gonna end a farm truck again,it is already.

Sierra98

Reaction score

I'm just trying to change from 60-40 seats in my 98 to the bucket seats with the center console like in this picture, what's going to be the process?

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm just trying to change from 60-40 seats in my 98 to the bucket seats with the center console like in this picture, what's going to be the process?

Sorry I'm no help, but that's my red truck's interior in the picture you posted! Small world. :lol:

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not quite your swap..but I went from a full bench to buckets/console. Had to drill 5 new holes for the seats, and 4 for the console. Also had to make a 3/4" spacer for the passenger front left seat mount. Ran power to both seats.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not quite your swap..but I went from a full bench to buckets/console. Had to drill 5 new holes for the seats, and 4 for the console. Also had to make a 3/4" spacer for the passenger front left seat mount. Ran power to both seats.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

NV3500? My Tahoe Limited has the same console and such and am trying to figure out where the shifter is going to end up with a T56, and a midshift seems like it might be close enough to work.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NV3500? My Tahoe Limited has the same console and such and am trying to figure out where the shifter is going to end up with a T56, and a midshift seems like it might be close enough to work.
Yup stock nv3500.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, hp tuners, 4/6 drop

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All you guys taking out these stock seats, if you've got a nice blue bench and you're in/close to WI, let me know! These things are in my truck and they're just too much seat for a regular cab. They gotta go.