77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You think that a 700hp diesel truck will make a better daily driver than a 642 hp Charger?

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so I promised pictures of my scores from yesterday. First being new unused “tail light enhancements” from Lazer Concepts. Apparently they’re paintable but I don’t know if I’m going to use them, keep them, or eventually sell them. But the second thing I found was the best.

A brand new in box fiberglass Lund TailMate. Originally was going with a steel roll pan and hidden hitch but finding this changed my mind on the hitch. I had no idea what year this was from until I found a accessories page in the box.....from 1993. This thing has been on a shelf for 27 years. The fact that I’m doing a 90’s build is great but any 90’s parts I come across I’ll use!

You must be registered for see images attach

Where do you get this stuff???

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You think that a 700hp diesel truck will make a better daily driver than a 642 hp Charger?

Sure will because I won’t be paying out the ass on car payments, lower insurance, and diesel is cheaper than 93.

Where do you get this stuff???

I’ve gotten pretty lucky across Facebook marketplace for my Centerlines and Westin brush guard. The clear APC corners I found at Pep Boys pushed back on a shelf covered in dust. These two items I found at the Carlisle truck show. Fortunately the AVS Aerovisors are still being made and I was able to get them through Advance Auto.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Alright so I promised pictures of my scores from yesterday. First being new unused “tail light enhancements” from Lazer Concepts. Apparently they’re paintable but I don’t know if I’m going to use them, keep them, or eventually sell them. But the second thing I found was the best.

A brand new in box fiberglass Lund TailMate. Originally was going with a steel roll pan and hidden hitch but finding this changed my mind on the hitch. I had no idea what year this was from until I found a accessories page in the box.....from 1993. This thing has been on a shelf for 27 years. The fact that I’m doing a 90’s build is great but any 90’s parts I come across I’ll use!

Lund is some quality stuff. Thanks for posting the Lund Brochure, pretty sweet. :waytogo: Marketplace does have some cool stuff on there, after searching for 3 years I finally found someone selling two Lund Racerbacks, so I just had snatch both of them lol. I still want to find a pair of those StepMates for my 98 sometime.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lund is some quality stuff. Thanks for posting the Lund Brochure, pretty sweet. :waytogo: Marketplace does have some cool stuff on there, after searching for 3 years I finally found someone selling two Lund Racerbacks, so I just had snatch both of them lol. I still want to find a pair of those StepMates for my 98 sometime.

A set for a regular cab truck like mine were an hour and a half away and sold on the 1st on eBay new in the box. I was so pissed because those are the one thing that will be nearly impossible to find.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure will because I won’t be paying out the ass on car payments, lower insurance, and diesel is cheaper than 93.

I’ve gotten pretty lucky across Facebook marketplace for my Centerlines and Westin brush guard. The clear APC corners I found at Pep Boys pushed back on a shelf covered in dust. These two items I found at the Carlisle truck show. Fortunately the AVS Aerovisors are still being made and I was able to get them through Advance Auto.
Westin brush guard? I’m telling you, everyone on this site is bad for my bank account! Lol i see all of this and it makes me want to spend more.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
A set for a regular cab truck like mine were an hour and a half away and sold on the 1st on eBay new in the box. I was so pissed because those are the one thing that will be nearly impossible to find.
Damn near impossible for sure, I bought both of mine for $225, had to drive about an 1 1/2 hours get mine but it was worth it imo. Funny enough, they are both for a regular cab. I plan on putting one of them on my 98. A few months ago I did grab a Racerback off of a regular cab, it was a stepside, but I grabbed it anyway, I will probably sell it sometime and try to make some money off of it.

A j/y near me also has those Lund ScreenFronts that fit the 94-98 Chevy grilles and seriously debating on grabbing them just for the hell of it. They are asking $25 for the whole grille, which ain't a bad price, I assume those ScreenFronts weren't too cheap back then.

Westin brush guard? I’m telling you, everyone on this site is bad for my bank account! Lol i see all of this and it makes me want to spend more.
Lol, same here. So many ideas, such little money.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn near impossible for sure, I bought both of mine for $225, had to drive about an 1 1/2 hours get mine but it was worth it imo. Funny enough, they are both for a regular cab. I plan on putting one of them on my 98. A few months ago I did grab a Racerback off of a regular cab, it was a stepside, but I grabbed it anyway, I will probably sell it sometime and try to make some money off of it.

A j/y near me also has those Lund ScreenFronts that fit the 94-98 Chevy grilles and seriously debating on grabbing them just for the hell of it. They are asking $25 for the whole grille, which ain't a bad price, I assume those ScreenFronts weren't too cheap back then.

Lol, same here. So many ideas, such little money.
Isn’t that the truth!! That’s the whole reason i got a job Instead of going to college right after graduation and i swear I’m worse off now than what i was lol.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Lol it’s on page 4 of the thread. $40 for the old school style. All brackets included. Everything needs sandblasted and powder coated.

You’re lucky. I’ll probably just do the black Westin step bars until if and when I find a set. If you look closely at my truck when I first got it, it had those in the grill and I hated them. Took them out the first day I got the truck and threw them in the trash. They were newer but I thought they were hideous. I like 90’s stuff but some stuff pushes it haha.