77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That depends on swapping mirrors... lol, I have medium to large sized hands (plus fingers are short :rolleyes:), so both items have to come off for more room. Still super simple to replace the mirrors nonetheless.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That thing needs some tint everywhere. Made a big difference on mine

In time it will. Debated on having windows tinted now but I think I’ll wait until the bodywork is done. Not sure if I’m going 5% or taking the plunge and doing limo tint since it’s a regular cab.

My truck had the clear coat come off sometime in the early 00's. Same color as yours. A local guy resprayed it before it got terrible. Keep up the work, I'm jealous you have a 94+. Super easy to swap mirrors!

My previous 400 didn’t have bad clear coat. The door you see in the picture is pretty much it on the truck.

That depends on swapping mirrors... lol, I have medium to large sized hands (plus fingers are short :rolleyes:), so both items have to come off for more room. Still super simple to replace the mirrors nonetheless.

I’ve got baby hands and it was still tough. Dropped 2 nuts in the door.....they don’t rattle so they can stay there until the body shop lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
In time it will. Debated on having windows tinted now but I think I’ll wait until the bodywork is done. Not sure if I’m going 5% or taking the plunge and doing limo tint since it’s a regular cab.
I did 5 on the rear glass, 15 on the sides and 60 on the entire windshield on my 05 reg cab and seeing in was almost impossible. It also helped with the heat quite a bit.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing new really. Replaced the air filter with an AC Delco unit. Cleaned a few leaves out of the air box and put it back together. Pretty boring.

I did 5 on the rear glass, 15 on the sides and 60 on the entire windshield on my 05 reg cab and seeing in was almost impossible. It also helped with the heat quite a bit.

My mega cab was 5% the whole way around including sun roof. In PA we have our emissions and inspection stickers on the windshield so I’m anti-windshield tint lol. The Aerovisors I got also block a part of the side mirrors so I’m going to have a bad blind spot once the body work is done.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do the take offs look like?

These on Goodyear’s

You must be registered for see images attach

What happened to the charger engine?

Cylinders 2 and 4 were destroyed in June. So I’ve been daily driving the ‘97 all summer. Going with a forged 392 stroker, new heads, cam, and ATI super damper. Shooting for 800 horsepower. Just sucks I was unprepared lol. It’s life, no one is dead and the car isn’t totaled

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My uncle stopped by to drop these off tonight. Said he wanted them gone so $150 later here we are! Have to get lug nuts for them and clean them up. I was wrong about how they looked lol. I prefer these over the style I though they were.

You must be registered for see images attach