77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
False alarm. Called guy to give payment and told me someone sent him payment the previous night . So the hunt for those continues. Gonna be some slow progress on the restoration now. My iPhone is about dead after 3.5 years so I’m getting a new one. However, I did find rust/dent free doors locally for $300. A lot of money but I need them. Aside from roll pan, front bumper, factory flares, and cab mounts. I have all the parts for the body shop! But I also need to get the truck in soon for A/C diagnosis and the fuel and brake lines to be replaced. Need air conditioning this summer.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
You are correct sir. I like the sidewall and white letters of the KO2. So all terrains will be the tire of choice now.

Got my cab corners today and they’re not the quality I expected. So I’m going to another body shop tomorrow to get a quote. Really gunning to have bodywork done by the end of summer.
The KO2 are hands down my favorite tire. Have them on both my GMT800 Suburban and my Cruze. Suburban will be getting its second set soon 75k miles on them. Will put them on the dually when it needs tires.
Never been stuck in either the Suburban or Cruze where the dually got stuck with Toyo open country AT2.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guy selling doors never got back to me. I hate people on Facebook marketplace. Gave away my plastic bed liner for free. Took truck to a pay and spray car wash and did the bed up to see what I’m working with. Literally rust free bed. Dents being a quarter sized on passenger rear wheel well. Other being random in the bed somewhere. I can’t wait to get it Line-X’d.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Guy selling doors never got back to me. I hate people on Facebook marketplace. Gave away my plastic bed liner for free. Took truck to a pay and spray car wash and did the bed up to see what I’m working with. Literally rust free bed. Dents being a quarter sized on passenger rear wheel well. Other being random in the bed somewhere. I can’t wait to get it Line-X’d.
Some people on CL are the same way. Swap meets are a lot better.

Good thing your bed is rust free! :waytogo: I heard Line-X is good brand of spray-in bedliner to go with.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got doors for this thing. Off of a Tahoe. Both are 100% dent free and the drivers door has a super small amount of surface rust. Complete doors too. Mirrors, window, window tracks, and ran door panels that are in excellent shape. Only paid $100 for the set pulled by the seller. Didn’t get pictures since they’re already in the garage and covered.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, truck has taken on daily driver responsibility for a little while now. My Charger's engine blew the other night. Drove to work just fine and came out and started it up....horrible noise. Cylinders 2 and 4 are done. So I'll be getting a forged long block and new heads. ARP main and head studs. Not cheap by any standards but I still owe a lot on the car. Something I wanted to do eventually just not this soon lol. Bright side is that no one is dead and the car isn't totaled.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a big update or anything. Been daily driving the truck for almost 2 months. No air conditioning lol. Found out that cruise control still works. Been getting washed weekly and I’ll probably take it in for an oil change this week and possibly a coolant flush if I can afford it. Washed and switched out the driver side mirror today. Old mirror was scratched pretty bad and had a small circular blind spot mirror. Used Adam’s Polishes glass sealant on all the windows and mirrors.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck had the clear coat come off sometime in the early 00's. Same color as yours. A local guy resprayed it before it got terrible. Keep up the work, I'm jealous you have a 94+. Super easy to swap mirrors!