77Conours's 1997 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I finally got another 400 after 5 years. If you guys remember, I had a 1995 ECSB Z71. Traded it in on a 2003 Silverado 2500 Duramax (junk). That got traded in for a 2006 Ram Mega Cab Cummins (awesome). Well the mega cab began to nickel and dime me and the rust was overwhelming so it got traded in for my current ride....2012 SRT8 Charger with a Procharger.

Now that I work in the field of Corrections (and picked up a part time detailing job) I can't call off work due to inclement weather because well, prison doesn't close. So a 600rwhp Charger isn't going to do well in the snow. Enter my search for a somewhat "beater" truck. Looked at a few 400's, an 87 K10 but nothing seemed to fit the bill. I came across this truck on Facebook market place. Priced at $6,850!!!! Way too expensive but was honest with the owner about the rust repair it was going to need and the AC compressor being replaced. A much, much lower price was agreed upon and I put a deposit on it. Her father was the second owner, purchasing it in 2000 or 2001. He passed away 5 years ago and she inherited the truck, this will make me the 4th owner. Truck is bone stock and leak free with 148,000 miles on it. It does have grandpa modifications. Chrome grill inserts, Lund visor, Lund steps, chrome bars on top of the bedsides. Visor is staying, everything else is going.

Plans as of right now are to get the rust repaired, 5% tint, MAYBE new carpet, and get my stereo installed (have everything except an amp wiring kit and door speakers). Exhaust and cold air intake down the road. Pictures I have now are the only ones I have since I didn't pick the truck up yet.

Need good places for rocker and cab corner sheet metal.....

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She’s home and washed. Interior has been Adam’s polishes odor neutralized. It feels so great to be in an older vehicle. Come winter I’ll be hitting junkyards for sure. Getting a tune up first, then body work!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordering cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and air filter when I get paid Friday. Going with AC Delco parts.

Hopefully someone can answer this:

Factory keyless entry fob will unlock/lock doors. Door lock switches inside on both passenger and driver side will not unlock/lock doors. Just the switches?

Also, who was the member on here that took a door chimer from a Pontiac and installed it in his GMC SUV? Want to replace the annoying factory door chimer too.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a Camaro door chime in my truck, easily one of my favorite interior mods I've done besides the Esky cluster and LEDs.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a big update, been driving the truck to my part time job and occasionally to the prison. Looking to get a tune up done on my Charger this week and scheduling the truck to go in. Been loving the truck every minute.

Went to fall Carlisle today and got some sales literature and paint colors brochure. Waiting on a quote for tint as well.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is a grandpa truck for sure. I might have it repainted next summer so it’s a half decent daily. I might switch insurance because my charger is looking at a gutted trunk, rear seat delete, and a 75 shot......

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck went in today for a tune up and PA inspection/emissions.

Facebook marketplace is a drug and I found 5, yes 5 Centerline Hellcat wheels for $200. Might be picking those up this weekend. Going for old school on this truck. 90’s custom truck. Roll bar, KC Daylighters, white letter tires

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck went in today for a tune up and PA inspection/emissions.

Facebook marketplace is a drug and I found 5, yes 5 Centerline Hellcat wheels for $200. Might be picking those up this weekend. Going for old school on this truck. 90’s custom truck. Roll bar, KC Daylighters, white letter tires

I find all kinds of **** on Marketplace for dirt cheap; and then I have to talk myself out of going and buying said dirt cheap items.
Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this; any plan for a lift kit?