7.4 info request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wow, that's filthy.

I don't think it's uncommon for dealer to have vehicles ontheir website that have already been sold. I think my parents ran into that when looking for a truck/vehicle..... one dealer even had them come in on a day they were closed, or something like that.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like they did literally nothing to prep it for sale. Hell, they're too lazy to bother answering the phone, expecting a clean truck is absurd. I'm fairly sure I'm going to pass on this one.
I've seen similar situations where the husband and wife were getting divorced and the court forced him to sell his equipment so they could get an equitable split. He took all of his haying equipment to the auction yard all dirty and right off the field. Then he bought them all back at a lower price than market.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the farmers around here don't care how dirty their trucks are, but they keep them in great mechanical shape since it's a tool that makes them money and they can't afford for it to be down for repairs. On the other hand, some of them never maintain anything and run it till it dies.

Neat story on the hay equipment, sounds like something I would do!

I'd still like to go look at the truck, but I'm not going to make a 4 hour round trip to find out it was sold a week ago or the dealer is closed early for a kids birthday or something.

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen dealers here not bothering to clean or inspect old pre-2000 vehicles. The margins are too small due to the low price, doesn't make sense for them to spend man hours cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
...The new Ford 7.3 GAS engine is getting good reviews. I've watched a few videos and they cite a "flat torque curve." Reminds me of what people said about BBCs. If you look at the numbers, it's not THAT more than 7.4, 20 years later!

The naysayers driving Ecoboost 1/2 tons, of course, were discounting the 7.3 as saying the numbers were not that impressive compared to the eco. Torque curve!..

Big difference is that 7.3 doesn't need two turbos and all the nonsense that goes with it to make that power and torque. They'll be cheaper to own long haul and will most likely last longer as they won't have to endure all the stress forced induction produces.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried calling the dealer twice again today and still no answer, no return call from the message I left Monday, no reply to the email, no reply to the text I sent. I get that people may not be able to answer a phone call right away, but they could have returned my call by now. Idk why they advertise a vehichle online then make themselves unobtainable?

That's annoying..

The other guys do make good points about the interior condition, if they do still have it just make sure to look it over. Looking at it again, it looks like it has seen some abuse. Still could be a okay truck if you can get it cheap enough.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's annoying..

The other guys do make good points about the interior condition, if they do still have it just make sure to look it over. Looking at it again, it looks like it has seen some abuse. Still could be a okay truck if you can get it cheap enough.
Theirin lies the catch: if they still

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If they still have the truck and if you can get it cheap enough to throw some $$at it to fix what the PO's neglected. How cheap is gas or diesel in your area and do you have an economical vehicle to make the trip in? Good luck and post up what you find out

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Great point, "if they still." My theory is, if they aren't replying to you that means either they've sold it or already have too many others hangin' off their bawls about the truck so to speak. If the latter is the case, good luck trying to haggle, "Meh, I've got three others coming to look at the truck tonight.. blah blah blah.."