7.4 info request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they still have the truck and if you can get it cheap enough to throw some $$at it to fix what the PO's neglected. How cheap is gas or diesel in your area and do you have an economical vehicle to make the trip in? Good luck and post up what you find out

Great point, "if they still." My theory is, if they aren't replying to you that means either they've sold it or already have too many others hangin' off their bawls about the truck so to speak. If the latter is the case, good luck trying to haggle, "Meh, I've got three others coming to look at the truck tonight.. blah blah blah.."

I've tried calling them about 10 times and they wont even answer their phone. No Saturday hours so I'd have to scramble to get there after work. Wife's car is new and gets around 28 mpg to make the trip in.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Fuggetabout it. There will be more. Stay patient and don't get gouged as a result. Never be in a hurry to buy a car, or anything for that matter.
I agree! That's how we ended up with the 06 Yukon XL Denali that nobody has been able to use for a year. We needed a suburban type vehicle right then, and the truck looked really good and only had 106,000 on it. PO's supposedly only used it on the road, etc. We put another 105,000 on it, towed Uhauls with it to 3 shows a year, did other shows with just the truck loaded, etc...but then it started to fall apart. Had it less than a year, major a/c repairs, then all the fancy Denali stuff started to work when it wanted to, then around 150,000 the oil pressure on startup started to be an issue. Then the transmission temperature sensor went crazy, it's a cheap part on the 4L80E but a major ***** to get to and fix....when it was good, it was really good, but when it wasn't.....and this is why I prefer 350s to LS's

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I like my options but to me, "loaded" means power windows, locks & mirrors, cruise control, A/C and tilt wheel. Stuff like dual climate control, moon roof, heated seats and an automatic transmission never have me springin' for my reserve funds, those have always been the first to cause issues in the instances I've had the misfortune to own something with either. I don't care how old something is or what the mileage is, bottom line for me is, if it is no longer backed by the factory warranty, it is a used car. The ole, "If it's got nipples or tires, it'll cause you problems.." applies. I wonder, does the dash have to come apart for a heater core on a GMT800?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah I like my options but to me, "loaded" means power windows, locks & mirrors, cruise control, A/C and tilt wheel. Stuff like dual climate control, moon roof, heated seats and an automatic transmission never have me springin' for my reserve funds, those have always been the first to cause issues in the instances I've had the misfortune to own something with either. I don't care how old something is or what the mileage is, bottom line for me is, if it is no longer backed by the factory warranty, it is a used car. The ole, "If it's got nipples or tires, it'll cause you problems.." applies. I wonder, does the dash have to come apart for a heater core on a GMT800?
Don't know, haven't got that far into mine. Does anyone know how much of a pita it would be to put the Bose touchscreen head unit into a 95-99 truck dash?