4.3 headerz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobL

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking for some help. I have a very low mileage 92 Sierra 4.3 V6. Only prob is it needs exhaust manifolds. Ears rusted/broke off. They want over $300 cdn up here for a set. I thought I may be able to get headers cheaper.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd recommend staying away from PaceSetter. I bought a set of their shorties for my '97 4.3 truck and had to modify the flange to get them to fit. They wouldn't clear the coolant temp sensor. Sent pictures to PaceSetter and they denied that there was anything wrong...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I ran a search on Summit for a '92 C1500 with a 4.3L. The link that @PlayingWithTBI posted was for the 4.3 in general, so some of those options will probably have clearance issues in one of these trucks. Here's what I came up with.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...4294945642&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

It looks like the cheapest option is around $300 USD, so if budget is the primary concern you may be better off with the OEM manifolds you said you can get.