Knock sensor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok so i have a 92chevy c1500 4.3 v6 (auto)had a spun bearing and swapped in a 1994 chevy 4.3 v6 vortec (manual)
(Both are TBI)
long story short the harness was all plug and play and my issue rn is the original motor had 1 knock sensor the new motor has 2 so i thought swapping my old knock sensor since it was an auto goto find out the threads were way to small and had to go order a new auto knock sensor so i plugged in my harness closest to the original knock sensor location to old motor it definitely brought the motor a little more to life as running the manual knock sensor retareded the motor alot as i swapped sensors still feel low on power during accel. If i replace the other knock sensor with an auto as well how would i wire in the 2nd knock to the computer is there a certain pin out im supposed to run the 2nd one into the computer bc i heard splicing them together would cause it to not read the right ohm since they are supposed to run parallel can anyone pls help me figure this out.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 3

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told you in your other threads, your existing computer is only looking for a signal from ONE knock sensor.

I bet SOMETHING ELSE is wrong.

Check fuel pressure.
Verify all "Tune-up" items
Connect a scan tool, look for codes but more important, look at the data stream.

Please don't start more than one thread on the same vehicle/same problem.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Balance shaft is one of the differences between his old engine (doesn't have balance shaft) and the replacement engine (has balance shaft.)

Reaction score
I told you in your other threads, your existing computer is only looking for a signal from ONE knock sensor.

I bet SOMETHING ELSE is wrong.

Check fuel pressure.
Verify all "Tune-up" items
Connect a scan tool, look for codes but more important, look at the data stream.

Please don't start more than one thread on the same vehicle/same problem.
But yes all tune ups have been done new plugs, plug wires before swap i replaced my fuel filter and i swapped the throttle body from the old motor all those parts were working perfectly before i spun a bearing i just did the paper clip trick since i dont have a scanner for obd1 and truck isnt throwing any codes just a constant repeat of 1…1,2 as that is the indicator that ur about to read the codes truck hits the shop Tuesday but figured id save money and ask others on here before i go get it inspected.