3/4 TON.. Pounding Pavement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made the decision last night that my 95 3/4 W/T will be resting on the ground..

I plan to keep it a 3/4 ton and use it as a tow pig for the race cars, so my problem is going to be findin drop spindles for a 2500..

anyone know who would have any?

Gonna be callin Ekstensive here in Houston for all my parts, and my 6 link..

THE LAST THING I WANNA DO.. is convert it back to a half ton..

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6 LUG.. and if i understand right, its the same bolt pattern as the new 6 lug chevy's

Im being told the only difference between this and a true half ton is stronger axle's, and the rear gears

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok from what I understand the light duty 6 lug and the 5 lug rotor will interchange, so I would just use 1/2 ton drop spindle's and put your 6 lug rotor's on them, and for the rear you may need larger U bolt's for the bigger rear end but it shouldn't be hard to do.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im also going into new territory.. the 5 bagged vehicles I have had before this all had 2 links and i loved em..

but since this is going to be pulling, Bill said a 4 or 6 link would be better.. I have never ran either of the two so im not sure which would be better.

This will be a DD for a while as well as the tow pig, so i want something that rides good, but wont get hurt dragging around the racecars..

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rotors are definitly the same, except one is 5-lug and one is 6-lug. I used the 6-lug c-2500 rotors to convert my 98 2wd to 6-lug. I did end up using my 10-bolt u-bolt brackets because I got in a pinch but they are working fine on my SF 14bolt. I just had to coax them snug with an impact. They spread open a little to match the bigger diameter.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton spindles are the same?

does that mean i could get a 1/2 ton LIFT and it would work just fine? my parts guy looked them up here, and its 2 diff part numbers.. but that doesnt mean its not identical parts with 2 different numbers

last thing i wanna do is buy spindles, and be stuck with em