3/4 TON.. Pounding Pavement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just remember to get the right spindles for the yr, as 88-91iirc had narrower rotors

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just remember to get the right spindles for the yr, as 88-91iirc had narrower rotors

Are you sure about that? I think that the only reason to get the same year is because if you have a vortec with ABS, you need to have rotors with the reluctor so ABS works.

I know the light duty 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton 2wd spindles (rotor/bearing mount) are the same, but not sure about the ball joints. Check into that before you order spindles. That might be why there are different part numbers.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've sold guys 1/2t spindles for their 3/4t 6lug, they work.
Just don't get the 88-91 std cab ones.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I think that the only reason to get the same year is because if you have a vortec with ABS, you need to have rotors with the reluctor so ABS works.

I know the light duty 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton 2wd spindles (rotor/bearing mount) are the same, but not sure about the ball joints. Check into that before you order spindles. That might be why there are different part numbers.
Yeah there was a 1/2 ton light duty version available from 88-91 and they used the shorter spindle and thinner 1 in. rotor's.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the rear axle tube is bigger on mine than a 1/2t right?

every flip kit i am finding for the rear says it fits 1/2, 3/4, and 1t trucks..

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I recently installed a used DJM flip kit from a 1 ton on a 1/2 ton with no problems.