3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Drill a hole and use a low pro style. $12 on Bezos Inc.
The ones I used:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Whatever.. keep trying to "fix" the link but it shows blank. Energy Suspension 9.9132G ultra low bump stop

Just don't crank on 'em too hard while tightening or the urethane will start to slip off the fastener. Yeah. Not saying it's a quality issue, this type of crap can happen with any rubber (or similar) type item mounted that way.

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones I used:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Whatever.. keep trying to "fix" the link but it shows blank. Energy Suspension 9.9132G ultra low bump stop

Just don't crank on 'em too hard while tightening or the urethane will start to slip off the fastener. Yeah. Not saying it's a quality issue, this type of crap can happen with any rubber (or similar) type item mounted that way.

Richard
I’m thinking about getting those Timbrens and modifying them. They look like a great solution for me.

I did see those poly bushings before. A good alternative.

Edit: those Timbrens won’t work. I’ll have to get something for a different application. I think a set for a GMT800 Suburban would fit really good though.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do either of these.

In the past I've use the beehive ones, that come with some of the kits, and just cut them in half.
They’d probably work. I just worry about my notch being not totally center over the axle. I want to run the Timbrens to avoid any contact issues. Plus I could probably skip the helper bags (for now) and get by with those. I do plan on using it for truck things still.

Last edited:

Racesmith

Reaction score
Fought the F’ing filler neck for the afternoon. It’s mostly secured. The constant tension clamps are a bad idea.

I did get my new hood insulation added. It’s very nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Now I don’t like the air cleaner or valve covers very much. They don’t jive with the copper.
Where did you get the hood insulation?