3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is the bearing, these guys have a couple of options for an upgrade.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has (had?) about that much play. I haven’t thought to check it after the column bearing replacement though. I’ll try to remember next time over there.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has (had?) about that much play. I haven’t thought to check it after the column bearing replacement though. I’ll try to remember next time over there.
That would be awesome if you could. Before I jump to replacing anything I am going to just drive it for a bit.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome if you could. Before I jump to replacing anything I am going to just drive it for a bit.
Absolutely I’ll check.

The 95 being kind of a red headed stepchild, there’s no telling what kind is steering column is in it lol

As a note, I do remember that it’s just a grommet/boot thing in the firewall. The upper half of that shaft just hangs out in there and the bearing is on the end of the column.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news, my injectors have been serviced, I’ve been invoiced, and they should be here next week. Dad and I are shooting for it to be running/driving by next weekend.
Heck yea!

Oh btw, I took a video of my shaft for you…

Steering column shaft, just left work, give me a little bit to edit and upload.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score