3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the other part of my puff of smoke on start up, figured it’s gotta be valve seals. I was right. Intake valve on cylinders #7 and #2. The rest were fine. Anyways, all the valve seals were replaced and oiled. I will keep them soaking as best as I can while the heads are off.

Attachments

• 7F584990-37B6-4189-A77C-47B86885279D.jpeg
    7F584990-37B6-4189-A77C-47B86885279D.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I cleaned the threads on the intake and heads. I used this set from Lang. it works really well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bad news on the valve covers. They do not match the air cleaner. It was too humid when I painted and they dried in almost a flat color. It doesn’t help that the can burped out some paint and now I have a big run on the drivers cover. So, I will sand these down and re-apply the paint on a less humid day.

I also got in touch with my fabricator friend. He will be welding and cutting the frame for me. We also discussed getting the truck in for body work next year. The rust is annoying me. This spot and the doors are the worst, but there are smaller areas that need attention.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up another can of paint today for the valve covers. $36 but well worth it. I also started cleaning up the gasket surfaces on the intake and heads tonight.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gearing up for a salvage yard trip tomorrow. Need a couple plugs, hardware, and whatever else that catches my eye. I’d love to find a set of decent fenders, regardless of color.