3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I got the intake all prepped for paint. I also finished prepping the air cleaner. Tomorrow I am going to get paint, primer, and clear for both.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my GM intake gaskets today! And the parts guy at the dealer, Jeff, is going to have a set of valve covers for me tomorrow. Getting a sweet deal on them, I think almost at the dealership’s cost.

I’m thankful to have a great family-owned dealership in the area. It also helps that I’ve been going there since I was a kid! They have really been great to me over the years, and my parents too.

When my dad first started there, he didn’t have a truck. When I was 3-4 months from being born he had to borrow a C1500 ECSB 6.5TD to go to the store and pick up my crib.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my GM intake gaskets today! And the parts guy at the dealer, Jeff, is going to have a set of valve covers for me tomorrow. Getting a sweet deal on them, I think almost at the dealership’s cost.

I’m thankful to have a great family-owned dealership in the area. It also helps that I’ve been going there since I was a kid! They have really been great to me over the years, and my parents too.

When my dad first started there, he didn’t have a truck. When I was 3-4 months from being born he had to borrow a C1500 ECSB 6.5TD to go to the store and pick up my crib.
They should make a GM commercial with that story like the one when kids found Dad’s old Chevrolet, bought and restored it, then surprised him.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint time for the air cleaner and intake. I went with GM -8979 medium garnet red metallic on the air cleaner. Duplicolor aluminum for the intake.

In primer:

With paint, will need a second coat:

First coat on the air cleaner, I also primered this but no photo:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s it for tonight. Now to have a beer. I’ve been pretty busy with work still (I’m an auditor, usually we are a little less busy after tax season) and trying to get stuff done for the truck. Tonight was a win. All that’s left is the valve covers and then to clear coat everything with some 2K clear. Then all I have to do is everything else!:Pshyco::Pshyco::cheers: